Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
stroker kit help

could do with few answers as im pretty new to tuning a evo

was looking at the ams stroker kit on the american site and also on evo400 site and ive heard that oliver rods are pretty solid enough but not heard anything great about ross pistons.

few mates and people off another forum said they aint all that great.
Most people have told me wiseco or hks as they are better to go for.

i was hopin for some opinions on them and also what is the best package to go for as in crank, rods and pistons.

(this is for the 2.3 Stroker)

thanks

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
depends what power u want to run mate , IMHO only a good setup for 700bhp or so is JE pistons , pauter x beam rods , and a eagle or a new 4g64 crank. Or u could get a kit like the BC stroker kit with all the parts.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
hmmm.

I thought the same as you but you need to ask what makes the pistons good or not.

AMS evos all run ross pistons.

I think you will find the AMS evos are the fastest quarter mile evos in the world running in some case well in excess of 1000bhp, with and without nitrous.

I would be surprised if those pistons weren't up to much.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks was hoping some1 might tell me little different on the ross pistons.

So ams stroker kit is one of the best out there and rated?

thanks for the help

p.s if any1 is running the ams kit could any1 please let me know how they are gettin on with the kit

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Hey Mate Ross are obviously ood pistons but I have heard they can be rattly and use a good bit of oil I kno this happens with most forged engines but I just heard Ross are a bit worse.

Cp's, JE or Wiseco are ones I would go for.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so wiesco or je pistons, crower rods

any in particular crank stands out than any others?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
which is the better crank as i have read up that the ams k1 crank is usually a better choice over the 64 crank

has any1 else had troubles with ross pistons?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts