Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going away for a while, potentially for a year. I have store s the car in the garage but also have a spare gearbox.... in case the garage gets broken into I have put the box in the boot...
the back is sitting lower with all the other stuff in it too...
Is this going wreck my coilover springs being left like this...

Ben

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
I wouldn't think so? I would pump up the tyres more and the other 'usual stuff' people do.

take the box out and hide it somewhere otherwise. If someone broke in it will be the least of the problem to be honest :handsup:

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
Put the car up on axle stands mate and take off hand brake
Good advice - I park mine on the flat with the handbrake off anyway so it doesn't clunk when you pull away from being left standing for a few days. Not like it's going to roll easy - you tried pushing one of these with the car powered down :eek::crackup:

Reactions: Mita

Premium Member
Trickle charger. In gear, handbrake off. Nothing else. Leave for however long is necessary. Come back. Start as normal. Drive off boost to burn off old fuel. Fill with fresh fuel. Drive gently/off boost for 15 miles or so to get oil up to temp. The tyres will feel square for 100 miles or so until they get heat through them, at which point they'll become round again. Kick the crap out of it when warm.

It's Japanese and reliable. Mine's put up with this treatment for 14 years or so without complaint. If it were German, I would have different advice. Don't waste time worrying about it, it'll be fine.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done all the usual handbrake off, in gear stuff... just wondered if the suspension will be ok on the future by being left loaded for so long....
Car is locked and not really wanting to leave gearbox in someone pinches it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts