Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided against putting mud flaps on my Evo 6 as I think the standard shape looks better without them but the rear arch extensions are getting chipped from stones being thrown from the front tyres. I have read somewhere before that there is a transparent film which can be applied to paintwork as a sacrificial or protecting layer. It is usually applied to the leading edge of bonnets etc. to prevent stone chips.
Anybody know where I can get this film from?

By the way if you do want mudflaps then try EARS motorsport who do similar mudflaps to the Ralliart items for a VERY reasonable £100 plus VAT and amp; P and amp;P better than the £330 that Ralliart ask!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heave Ho,

You can get the kit from Dragon Autosport in Colchester - Tel 01206 865444. It's advertised at £109 |PLS| VAT. Can fit it yourself or they will do it (but not for free). Haven't got it yet but am planning a trip up there in Mach for a few goodies.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically (Protection Film) for the front of the car (inc. front arches). However, this is the ONLY job I've bodged in ages - suggest you get some one with experience to fit it or Dragon themselves. I could not get rid of all the air bubbles and it looked a mess. It is now no longer on the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ring up Alan at Dragon motorsport. They dont actually carry out the work, but a guy called Mark does it. He does a fantastic job, I have had it done on 2 cars and the work is very good.
He will cut up film for any part of the car you want and compared to armourfend, it is very cheap.

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blowdog - was it expensive to have fitted? Guess it was really cheap in comparison to Armourfend however. Looks as though question is answered!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!
Just what I was looking for.
Btw if you don't have mudflaps the leading edge of the rear arch extensions gets a REAL hammering from stones thrown up from the front wheels. The thin paintwork doesn't help. Thought I better warn those people on low miles at the moment, I am now on 15k and the rear arches are starting to look bad http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > although most of it will probably T-cut out.

Cheers guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts