Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago, the misses Golf (T reg) was nicked of our driveway - they took the keys from just inside the front door just after she bought the baby in. We got paid up (£7k)

Anyway, today we had a call from the police saying they got the car - it had false plates - in Birmingham centre (not 5 miles from the house) - they've also arrested and charged someone! :D

Now, i presume they would only charge someone if they thought they had nicked the car - or would they charge any unsuspecting sod or may have bought the car in complete innocence?? I hope they do have the right guy so there could be some justice after all!! :p

Obviously the car is now the property of the insurance company but does anyone know if i can buy the car back?? (at a reduced rate of course!)

·
Registered
382 Posts
When my 205 gti got written off, the insurance company paid up, i bought it back off them for £30 including delivery and stripped it for spares

·
Registered
791 Posts
they could arrest the driver for possesion of stolen goods, if he had nothing to do with it, as for actually prosecuting him is another matter, depending on how he got the goods. if he is a genuine buyer not knowing what he got into, he'll prolly be cautioned and just loose the car (and his money to boot).

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matty H said:
When my 205 gti got written off, the insurance company paid up, i bought it back off them for £30 including delivery and stripped it for spares
apparently car is still mint so i doubt i'll get it for £30.00 but maybe i could put in an offer - maybe £50.00 ;)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reims said:
Surely this kind of thing doesn't go on in Birmingham? :confused:
yeah - im suprised ive kept me evo for 8 months! (only two attempted thefts so far - just a smashed window!)

·
Registered
609 Posts
my xsara was written off (the **** who gave me a false address wasn't too hard to track down and surprise!!!...........BOO...haha :D ), got paid off by insurance company, then sold it to my mom or repaired it and still owns it now!...and it still hasn't shown as a Cat d write off on the HPI check we did on it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts