Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, this forum is great.

I have searched this site and other US sites and have been unable to find the stock Evo 8 rod lengths and block heights.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out with these two dimensions. I have a potential stroker engine build to carry out and I need the dimensions so I can start crunching piston speed, piston acceleration, cyl wall loading figures.

Other information that would help lots is the different strokes, bores, rod lengths, compression heights, piston weights, rod weights, of ANY of the stroker kits on the market today (UK, US, Jap). If the stroker kit is meant for a different block (like the 4G64) that has different block height and bore, please state so.

I will reciprocate by posting a comprehensive spreadsheets of piston speeds, piston accelerations, and cyl wall loading for all the kits, as well as stock. This is provided I receive enough information about the kit.

I will also share details and pictures of the build if I get clinch the deal. It is supposed to be quite a high dollar build, so it will be nice. Attention to detail will be high, along with good (at least IMO) technical analysis. I need the aforementioned dimensions to complete my proposal which will help me clinch the deal.

Thanks very much.

Shaun

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
shaun,

i wish you luck in your quest for info. sadly most of tuners are not interested in exchanging information.

the basic engine dimesions have not changed from the original evo 1, so might be the same as the eclipse engine which you may have info for as it was quite well tuned up in the US.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks

Thanks Oli Goon for the information.

I had hoped there would be more interest and response on this thread. I have had one helpful fellow private message me and send some rather pertinent data, but I need a lot more info especially about the different stroker kits.

If everyone contributes information and we build a good database together, I am sure we can draw objective and quantitative comparisons to other sports or racing engines. I do not believe it is enough to just say "stroke it up", "turn up the boost", "rev it up", "it'll last and be an everyday driver" with no real understanding of the operating dynamics. Knowledge will empower us all.

I am sure that sooner or later the info will come through. Sooner is better though

I hope to clinch the deal (I believe I will know in a couple of days) and share the concept, the machining process, the buildup, the tune, and report on how it performs in selected application.

Best regards
Shaun

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I am working to try & peice together an FAQ on the Evo 8 and will try to fit some technical data log in as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking forward to that Stuart.

I am short of the stock piston compression height and the stock block height (crankshaft axial centerline to the deck). The manual lists "block height" as 11.4 inches, but this is from the pan rails to the deck. The 4G63 mains are recessed - located below the pan rails - so the 11.4 inch measurement doesn't help my calculations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts