Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well decided to start a new thread - the old one is HERE .

Travelled 900 miles at the week-end and still can't find a suitable replacement for my VII - it really is a hard act to follow.

Audi S3 - characterless and boring.

Scooby UK300 (modded) slow, crap handling and i was cringing driving a scoob - especially whan another went past and waved at me :blush: :blush: :blush:

IV with VII interior - not that good cond & my legs were stuck against the steering wheel due to the raised (VII) seats.

Saw a very tatty VII in Birmingham - it's on the autotrader for £13650 - do not touch it - a complete pile of crap - didn't start, no S/H, tax / MOT, noisy turbo, noisy drivetrain & in a right dodgy garage.

Out on the hunt again this Saturday - I'm well hacked off now !!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
And thats before he even got off the end of the drive (not that they are common or anything) :D :crackup:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
C# said:
And thats before he even got off the end of the drive (not that they are common or anything) :D :crackup:
I am being honest at saying I was embarressed at driving a scoob. It felt like, as a Toon supporter, I had gone to a Sunderland match, which is suprising considering I had a scoob a few years ago and didn't feel like that ?? I must have evo in my blood now :D

Skyline is too old.

So as you can see I basically have to get another evo - I have another already lined up for this Saturday.

The only othe cars I haven't took out are the Leon Cupra R / CTR / MG ZS180 - but I think I already know the answer to those questions.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
geoff, if you get another evo, are you gonna keep it for more than a month?

you have ants in your pants man!

get an evo 6

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Geoff,

the cupra R is basically a raw version of the S3, the civic type R whilst fun to drive will be the same as the teg, fwd wheelspin city. I can't believe you are even considering driving a rover!!!

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chockymonster said:
Geoff,

the cupra R is basically a raw version of the S3, the civic type R whilst fun to drive will be the same as the teg, fwd wheelspin city. I can't believe you are even considering driving a rover!!!
I'm running out of options thats why !! :D
Them MgZs' are really good on the track - was in one at Knockhill 4 up with the instructor and I was mightlily impressed - But I know what you mean.

As I said I have another EVO lined up for Sat - but knowing my luck something will go wrong.

Remember the reason I have ants in me pants is:- The V had lots of niggly faults, loved the VII but overstretched myself, and the III was just too old and needed money spent to track it.
I need another (cheap) VII to make me smile again :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Geoff, I may be way off tack here but if this car isn't a daily drive what about a Caterham 7?

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AndrewP said:
Geoff, I may be way off tack here but if this car isn't a daily drive what about a Caterham 7?
I have a wife & 2 kids !!

Looking at your sig i'm suprised you weren't interested in my III that I just sold ?

Yes guy's I have a nice VII lined up for the weekend - I can't find anything that comes close, so the best thing to do is to go back to one which is cheaper than the one I sold, so I release a bit of cash. I also made a tidy profit on my III ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
gsrgeoff said:
I have a wife & 2 kids !!

Looking at your sig i'm suprised you weren't interested in my III that I just sold ?

Geoff the waiting patiently bit of my sig is for me to save up to buy the thing ;) I can't do it right now which is why my 6 went. TBH I want a 3 that has been modded, as it will be a track toy not a commute car like my 6 was.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well you won't believe it - I was all set to go & see a cheap VII today - but saw a cheap Focus RS this morning and fell in love with it.
I will be getting it tomorrow - sorry guys, i've defected again :( but as much as I love EVO's I just hate the running costs.
The RS is IG 16 and does 30+ mpg, so although a bit more expensive to buy in the beginning, it will be cheaper in the running stakes by £200 on insurance & £15 / week on fuel.

Also should be an excellent track car.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No - the VII was going to be £14k (inc tyres which were needed) - I am getting an 03 RS for not a huge amount more - it must be the cheapest one in the UK and is immaculate / still under wty / just serviced - nothing due for at least 12k miles !!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts