Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding that after washing car or leaving outside in wet weather for more than 2-3 days without using it the brakes are sticking on.

They can only be released by high revs and shocking them to release, tried pushing and pulling manually, handbrake on and off and pumping brake pedal but only shock tactics seems to work.

Will leave handbrake off in future but has anybody else suffered same problem and any alternative remedies?

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Porker82 said:
I am finding that after washing car or leaving outside in wet weather for more than 2-3 days without using it the brakes are sticking on.

They can only be released by high revs and shocking them to release, tried pushing and pulling manually, handbrake on and off and pumping brake pedal but only shock tactics seems to work.

Will leave handbrake off in future but has anybody else suffered same problem and any alternative remedies?
Had this happen only last week, i`d left mine for 3 weeks, i thought it would never release, i had to rev like mad and launch it, did the trick, what i did wrong was, i washed the car and put it away straight away, water dried on the discs, nightmare, next time i`m going to give it a blast, get the brakes warm and get the water off...................... :D :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi just had the same problem with my brakes. It has been sitting for three weeks with the hand brake off and still all 4 brakes were solid :mad: . Had to dump the clutch at least 5 times before they came off anybody got any tips on what would stop this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts