Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
can i have the contact for Steve Simpson? would like to to take a look at my car too.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Moderator hat on...
I assume Steve is willing to have his mobile number posted on this board?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
thank you.

don't you think we should have a section on all garage/tuners contact details somewhere and customers can write their exprience or work carried out by these professionals. so newbies can see for themselves what they would like doing and who is good, and those not so good . Of course, no bad mouthing of garage should be allowed just in case some crooked tuners decide to speak bad of their competitors. all posting should be able to be verify by invoice or other party or any other means.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I actually spoke to Steve first! He is trying to sort his logon out so he can respond himself.

HH6 - you still interested in the PE airbox? I still have it...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Has Steve sorted Skeletors car yet ?

I know Skeletor has been unable to use his car for over a week as Steve
never finished mapping his car properly !!!!!!

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Err, Justin, I have spoken to Skeletor about his issues - which were wide and varied - but nothing about Steve not doing a proper job. Skeletor specifically didn't want to talk about it here as you know things like that are blow out of all proportion.

Leave it to Skeletor to talk about his problems if he wants to.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I have just spoken to Steve again regarding some further mapping work on my car and general help regarding fuelling etc.

I have to say that he is one of the most knowledgable people and genuinely helpful people I have ever had the pleasure to work with on the car.

But I would say to those fitting GEMS etc. - like any tuning, don't expect instant magic. Steve can quickly map your car to a safe point with good power - if you want to extract the ultimate, and get it to the limit - that takes more than a few hours mapping and is hard to do on the road anyway. Same as any other kind of tuning. Every car is different too, and you need to make sure the rest of the car is up to it, so you don't trip up on other problems. I reckon after the next mapping session my car will be bang on, and probably will sport an additional map for 102 race fuel.

having spoken about that it could give 20-30% more power and torque. Ok, it is pricey, but hey - worth it!

Steve also mentioned that Optimax |PLS| Millers CVL allows a few more degrees of advance too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Blade,
Sorry I should have assumed you would have acted responsibly regarding Steve's mobile, please accept my apology :(
As for the PE air box, I have decided to make my own intake up and save some cash, thanks for the offer though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts