Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I keep hearing a low about the stepper motor and problems with it not being adjusted properly. A number of people have told me they have noticed a big difference in the car after getting it set correctly. But what is it? Where is it? Does anyone know or is this just rubbish? :)

Cheers,

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The stepper motor is also known as the ISC - idle stabilisation control valve. - it controls the amount of air bypassing the throttle which allows the car to idle smoothly.

I believe you need a MUT II to reset it properly for evo 4 onwards.

On older Mitsubishis they have a habit of screwing up - leading to idle surge - wildy fluctuating idle many times a second. This occurs when the coils that drive the motor go open circuit and the ecu can no longer maintain the correct idle - the ISC then has what can be best described as 'a fit'.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lightspeed

Thanks for the answer. My car idles perfectly, therefore is it safe to assume that that everything is working fine and best left alone?

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it is working - leave it alone - if a problem arises they should pick it up at service - a big problem - you'll soon be ####ed with the crazy idle - everyone at the lights thinks you're spoiling for a race.

Chunky - if it has gone south check it with some 1.5V batteries - test is in www.vfaq.com ???
Also check wiring loom back to ecu. Easy to get from scrappers - but I think their life is limited - wait for Co-ordsport 50% off sale and live with it is my advice.

I have no need on my VR4 any more as it has just put a rod through the block - F**K!!!!!!!
Happened while the garage were trying to fix a jumped cambelt. I'm scrapping it - anyone want any bits?????? Time for a reliable Golf Gti!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.