Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought id introduce my self. I have recently imported a 9 gt from japan. Im very new to the jap scene having been into to peugeots all my life (sad i know!) I took the chance and imported it my self which was a whole new experience.
Before the evo i have been driving a supercharged 205 gti which i built from a shell. Ill be keeping this for along time.

The car
05' gt model
59k miles
full service history
hks exhaust
Apart from that as standard as can be.

As it left japan.

I received the car about 3 months later after it sailed around the world.
I started to do the usual maintence to it and prep it ready for mot.
First job was to replace the split ic spray pipe and replace the orange side lights. I replaced it with some blue silicone hose that i already had. Protected the front frame and chassis with some dynax while i had the bumper off.

Needed to add a rear fog and didnt want to start cutting up the rear bumper so i converted a reverse bulb with a red led bulb and added a switch to the lower dash.

next was replace the timing belts, i couldnt find any history on the belts so i changed it all. Removed them to find the balance belt was due to break which was lucky.
Replaced with hks belts and new tensioners and idlers kindly supplied by ross sport at a good price.

Im now waiting on registeration for the car.

As im new to all this im open to suggestions and things to do and not do and mainly what to look out for.

Stef :)

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,267 Posts
Looks great in that colour :smthumbup.....

Normally a good idea to change all belts and fluids :thumbup: I'd then look to get it mapped for UK fuel/check all is running as it should be :thumbup:

Looks like you've picked up a nice car :smthumbup.. Welcome to the MLR :coolsm:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated.

Could someone tell me what oil is needed for each?

Being a gt i assume the pump only supplies00 the front diff?

Stef

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bought some new tyres the current tyres are dated 11' and are fairly shot. Decided on some federals normally i jump straight at yokohama's but these were too cheap to pass up.

Quick wash needed thanks to a heavy seagull attack. Joys of living on the coast.

Wheels removed ready to fit the new tyres at work.

Left Derek on guard :lol:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Funnily enough I was looking at your build thread last night on the 205 drivers forum (used to have a 205 gti6 too)

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,267 Posts
Normally when you see a car looking like that it's sitting on bricks ;):lol:..... Joking aside it's good to see the Evo getting some TLC :smthumbup:coolsm:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Small update.

The spoiler had serious lacquer peel which i was fully aware of before buying the car. I spoke with my friend that works with carbon all day at mclaren so he gave me some guidance. I carefully sanded the old lacquer off then prepped it well and sprayed some new clear on top. Its not perfect but certainly takes the eye saw away.

Got the car loaded up for mot! Passed with no advisories What a relief.

Got some plates made up, insured it (surprisingly very cheaply) and went for the maiden voyage! Been driving it all weekend with no issues and drives like its new.

Treated it to its first propper clean.

Will change the plates for square ones could only get normal size ones at the time and i just wanted to drive it! :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts