Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What was fitted a std from the factory on a Japanese VI GSR please?

Is it alarm & Immobiliser or just immobiliser?

Edited to add - found an article and seems to be an immobilizer via the key.

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
Err - **** all on the import VI as far as I know. I got all my car security system fitted by the importers SVA.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Found this in the article directory > Technical manual page 7....

The immobilizer system is optionally available. The immobilizer system consists of the ignition key, the antenna, the immobilizer-ECU, and the engineECU. The ignition key has a built-in transponder as the oscillator. The antenna is installed on the steering lock key cylinder. The system prevents the engine from being started deviously to protect the vehicle from theft. The operation is as follows. 1. When the ignition switch is turned on, immobilizer-ECU supplies power to the transponder inside the ignition key via the antenna. 2. The energized transponder outputs an ID code to the immobilizer-ECU via the antenna. 3. The immobilizer-ECU compares the input ID code with the registered ID code. If they are the same, the immobilizer-ECU sends a starting
permission signal to the engine-ECU. If they are not the same or if the ID code input cannot be received, the immobilizer-ECU sends a starting prohibition signal to the engine-ECU. As mentioned above, only the ID code which is specific to each ignition key permits the engine to start. Therefore, the engine can never be started by means of a forged key or by connecting the ignition wiring directly. The system is significantly safe and reliable against theft. In addition, the driver has only to turn the ignition switch to the ON position to activate the immobilizer system. If the ignition key is lost or another ignition key is added, the ID code can be registered or erased by using the MUT-II.

Damn - "optionally" available hence how do you know??

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
Good find that. You will want to get at least a Thatcham Cat 1 installed to help out with car insurance if nothing else :handsup:

You will only have the immobiliser IF you have both ORIGINAL keys with the chips in them they are behind a little square panel.

Premium Member
Id venture most jdm imports will have naff all security tbh , immobilizer included !
First port of call on ALL my jdm cars being an alarm fitted at least :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts