Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have owned my Black Lancer Turbo since Oct 1984 (81 W reg) I had many happy years with her on the road, lately 15 years in the garage. I Have bitten the bullet and dragged her out and now sent off to the restorers to try and get her started and MOT'd. We'll see how far I can get before I run out of money ! I was a member of the MLR for a while back mid 2000's but no one seemed to chat about the old ones.
Here to ask for any help advice, make some contacts source any spares or similar cars that could help my restoration.
Attached a picture of her up on the lift, at least the wheels didn't fall off !
....Lots of Important MOT failure structural attachment points need cutting out and fabricating. But first we will see if the Engine will run again.

I do have my original engine stored with less than 30,000 miles and rear axle plus few more parts collected over the years but not enough. Definitely needs new rear arches and boot lip surround. Well enough for now.

Love to hear from anyone that can Help or just interested chat.
Thanks for reading

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi,
Good to hear you've decided to restore an LT! Not many left on the road now.

One word of advice, if you're going to attempt to start the engine, I'd strip the sump off and prime the oil pump first. A few years back I spun the white metal bearings in one trying to start it after it had sat, the oil had drained out of the pump and within a few seconds I'd cost myself a bottom end rebuild. Might also be worth priming up the turbo by undoing the feed pipe and squirting some down while spinning it by hand.

Good luck with the resto, I'm nearly done on mine but as with everything LT, I keep finding bits to do :)

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for reply and info... will pass this on to restorers, but I hope they know what they are doing. Just added link to flickr with some pics.
Great to hear there is a few of us crazy guys still out there. Love to see how yours is looking now
Jez

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi and welcome to the long haul....

From the thread title it looks like you are going to be looking for bits... there are a number of folk around with some parts, lots are availabe direct from Mitsubishi if you give them the part numbers.

If you list what you need as you know them, people will do their best for you - but be warned, I restored my LT in 2007 and then found things no longer available....

·
Registered
322 Posts
hi
good to see another lancer turbo getting put back on the road. im in the process in restoring two lancers, one back to standard, the other completely modified with alot of custom parts made by myself. the standard one ive been getting kevin at brighton mitsi to source some parts. other parts that arent avialible through kevin, ive tried to find other manufactures to help out. my email is [email protected] if you want to let me know what other parts you may be after. may be able to help out with a fuel tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts