Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
i have just got an evo vii from a ralliart dealer with the auto watch alarm thingy. the dealer told me that i can't get the engine started unless the cutch is depressed. which i find very bizzare as i have never had to do that with any of the cars i owned before?

can someone confirm that this is normal ? has anyone got some of the EVO VII that arrived to ralliart on the 12th of november?

another thing is the car does not have anything on it saying that it is a GSR? surely that should be written away some where?

thanks in advance

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sam

Starting the car with the clutch depressed I thought was standard. I don't know if it is a feature of the alarm or of the car! As for the GSR bit, there is nothing on the car to identify it as a GSR. However, if it looks like the pictures in the magazines such as Autocar etc. then it is a GSR because the RS, which would be the alternative, has different steering wheel, no aircon, different seats front and rear, manual windows and more besides! If you have all of those, it is a GSR. Oh, and I believe that the RS is only available in white.

I saw the latest shipment in at Ralliart just after they arrived and they looked just like the previous shipment to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers simon
surely it will have to be a feature of the that ralliart alarm.

the car has all the GSR features but i was worried that it maybe an RSII as they look the same according to the info sheat i have withme just now. saying that the A/C looks different from the RSII one so it must be a GSR :)

I think i am just paranoid and don't really trust anything or any body ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My E7|PLS|alarm requires the same....Its good practice to depress the clutch as you are not churning the gearbox as well, so less work for the s-motor and amp; battery, and no chance of going up the road in gear ('corse youv never done that..!?)
Austin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drive it ? sod that it is far to icey outside. i would rather sit in it in the garage :).

seriuosly though i still have got another 300miles before i can get the oil changed and permission to drive as i please :) :D

roll on the first track day :)

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hia Sam, pleased to see your enjoying your 7 as much as i am my 6 ......whats a Scooby?? ;) Still a little sad she`s gone, had a really good year in her, but now i got the 6, i have to admit i`ve not though once about going back again :)

Rich.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts