Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Been here a while now....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car has sat in the garage on axle stands since early september, i haven't started it, turned it over, nothing!

As i will be putting new brakes and refurbished wheels back on soon ready for the sun :lol: what would be best practice for initial start up, warm up ect before i give her some boost.:flame:

cheers

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
So my car has sat in the garage on axle stands since early september, i haven't started it, turned it over, nothing!

As i will be putting new brakes and refurbished wheels back on soon ready for the sun :lol: what would be best practice for initial start up, warm up ect before i give her some boost.:flame:

cheers
Was the car fine when parked? Was the battery left on charge? If so, place key in ignition and turn it. Car will start. Drive gently to burn off old fuel, refill with fresh and continue to drive until you've covered 15-20 miles to get the oil up to temp. Find somewhere quiet and kick it's brains in.

The last time I drove mine was at Croft in August when I did a trackday in it. That was until yesterday, when I did exactly what I've described above. It's fine, yours will be too.

·
Been here a while now....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was the car fine when parked? Was the battery left on charge? If so, place key in ignition and turn it. Car will start. Drive gently to burn off old fuel, refill with fresh and continue to drive until you've covered 15-20 miles to get the oil up to temp. Find somewhere quiet and kick it's brains in.

The last time I drove mine was at Croft in August when I did a trackday in it. That was until yesterday, when I did exactly what I've described above. It's fine, yours will be too.
Yes car was fine, battery is knackered and has been out the car since, i will be purchasing a new one when the car is ready to go, only down side is i think there was a quarter of a tank of fuel in which may be a little stagnant now?

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Yes car was fine, battery is knackered and has been out the car since, i will be purchasing a new one when the car is ready to go, only down side is i think there was a quarter of a tank of fuel in which may be a little stagnant now?
Yeah, I always assume the fuel to be past it's best after the car's sat that long, just drive it off boost 'til it's low and brim it with fresh. They don't take long to use a quarter tank in my experience!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts