G

·
Discussion Starter #1
james EVO 4 standard i think

the graph is of the second run

moses EVO 4

graph of the second run

evojp EVO6
exhaust and filter, but has consistently run high power compared to other cars on the rollers. could have different ecu?
graph of the first run

EVO7
exhuast, filter and manual boost controller (dawes)
second run, first one was 335/317

andy wrx 93 RA
first run was 345/343
graph of the second run
standard internals but has got a lot of little tricks and home made valves. by far the fastest car i have ever been in!!!!!

alan MY99 UK car
link ecu, fmic, vf22 turbo, water injection, exhaust and filter

dave B my98 uk car
dawes boost controller, vf23 turbo, exhuast and filter

teknopete
link ecu, fmic, exhuast and filter

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
also on the rollers we have done 50mph-100mph in 4th gear and 40-90mph in 4th gear.

50-100 40-90
evo7 8.6 9.0

evojp 9.6 9.2

dave 12.2 14.8

andy n/a 7.0

alan 11 12.4

teknp 11.8 12.2

andy's car gearing is so short that it would not do 100mph in 4th!!

the rollers was set for the weight of the car and then floored from 2000revs in 4th gear and the rollers automatically measured the speeds and the times. the evo7 was put to have 40kg heavier than the 6 and the subarus where all measured as having the same weight.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
cool, my the way anybody watching my boost is messed otherwise it would have been better honest! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Nice 1 Sam ;)
Now we`ve got ourselves a Datum (starting point) lets get busy with the upgrades ;)

Moses,
I thought u said u r mota was up2 the job http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > (handbag at the ready) :)

Next question is, now who wants to come on over 2 Crail an see if they can use all that torque n BHP :D
Test them where it matters, on the tarmac ;) I know of 3 Scoobs that`ll happily draw up in the opposite lane.

L8r guys
Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
haha how r u teknopete nice to meet u mate and my car will still trash yours at crail lol, give me time to get my restrictor and sort my boost out and then we will see who's boss lol.

take care mate and by the way marc with the skyline will be their too.

enjoy

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Something very strange about these figures. Has anybody noticed how high up max torque is on all the runs. I don't think this can be right. For instance, a standard 4 should have max torque at 3000 rpm, but above it claims it at 5490 rpm. All the other cars are high as well. Must be something in the Scotish air/fuel ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Simon,
The boost setup on that standard Evo 4 seems strange. It slowly slowly rises up to a peak at beyond 4,500 rpm which is why the torque figure will eb moved right across.
The standard boost plot should be more like evojkp's where the boost rises quickly up to a peak and then either holds or drops slightly.
You can also see from the graphs the difference between the Dawes boost controller and the standard boost solenoid. Looking at Sam's plot (Evo7) you can see that the boost sharply rises to its setpoint and holds this whereas the standard cars tend to have a bit of wastegate creep and so the boost rises slower.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
nope
but if you want me to take it off i will.

that was the whole point of hte day is to compare between the cars. the figures on their own mean bugger all really.

simon
very good point about the torque curves i will need to look into that later on with the rr operator! i think he applied the load too late and hence the the higher than usual torque figures. but the bhp should not be affected really.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Sam

I agree that the bhp looks right and shouldn't be effected. Torque though could do with some investigating. Although I don't know the cars involved, the torque seems to be very inconsistant across the cars. Look at the diference between evojp and yourself, as an example. While I accept he isn't running as much boost as you, I would still expect to see higher torque from his car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Sam

I just went out to see how my car compares to the ones measured. My data won't be as correct as yours (don't blame Swiss watches) as I did my measurements on the road but I could achieve following figures (did several runs, average times):

50-100 40-90

7.7 secs. 7.5 secs.

When comparing those figures to older data we gathered the [email protected] of my car seems realistic. The good old VI does me still proud then.
This test was with one person in the car on 98RON fuel without any octane booster.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
hi mike
unfortuantely the this test is only relevant if done on the rollers. as hte load and the speed of the fan will be a huge limiting factor. the fan for example will only provide air upto 80mph ! and the other very improtant issue is hte load the rollers will be set at. this is will be even for all the cars on the rollers but on the road it is a different matter.

if you want i can take few reading on the road at some point. did you do both of them in 4th gear?

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Sam

it was done on the road in 4. gear. Maybe you can also replicate those in gear times on the road. I think it's interesting to compare the figures. We can do some more acceleration test for comparison. As I've still got also miles indicated on the speedo no problems from my side in this respect. Wasn't our first test accelerating from 2000rpm -7000 rpm in 4.? What else could we test?

Thanks for your interest

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
hi mike
i am going away on holiday tomorrow. so i won't be able to do anything with the car just now for couple of weeks. well need to do some sort of compartive data before i fit the gems ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Sam

will be interesting to see how much the GEMS improves the in-gear times compared to the OEM ECU. I'm sure you've heard of the ECUTEK stuff, according to my info it should soon be available for the EVO so I'll datalog my stuff and fine tune it if the mapping software will also be available (otherwise via PE). As my chip is the PE one it's possible to remap it. Won't be as good as yours but for my needs it's enough.
Enjoy your holidays and hope to hear from you soon

Cheers

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts