Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for some new wheels and tyres and could do with a bit of an idiot's guide as to what will fit my car with minimal fuss. Like most, I am looking at Rota's, particularly the Torque, or maybe the GTR or Grid models. 18x8.5". (Bronze on black is taking my fancy right now!)

Any guidance as to what ET, spacers, tyres etc would be required for a good fit would be much appreciated. My IX is completely standard in terms of arches and suspension, and I don't want any issues with rubbing or oversized rims making it look like I'm driving a monster truck!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=404883 :)

First post seems to show a 9 running 18x8.5" ET30 without rubbing. Rota seems very picky depending on the model; my T2R for my X had to be ordered a bit wider to clear the caliper but comes with some rubbing on the inside under heavy steering.
A lot that I'm reading about the Rotas (particularly the Torque) seems to suggest a problem clearing the Brembo calipers. I'd probably be inclined to look at Team dynamics wheels too.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
A lot that I'm reading about the Rotas (particularly the Torque) seems to suggest a problem clearing the Brembo calipers. I'd probably be inclined to look at Team dynamics wheels too.
I was looking at Rota Torques originally, and I read that they won't clear the standard front calipers without a 5mm spacer unless you have a different front brake setup, so I put tarmac spec evo x front brake setup on mine at 350mm so the caliper would clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts