Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am just bought a evo 4 and has a apexi boost gauge in it which reads 0.9 bar in the lower gears and 1 bar in 4th and 5th is this about right for a standard evo 4 all it has is a exhaust

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good i was hoping so i just keep reading about 1.2 bar and was hoping it wasnt meant to be that standard and i had a weak actuator

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o rite thanks for your help so it oppsite to was i thought i thought it was running a little under not a little over i have put a post up asking the best induction kit to get for her but no replys yet

·
Registered
139 Posts
An Evo IV should be around 0.7 to 0.8 depending on exhaust and induction, yours is a little high.
Sorry to jump in .. but mine runs about 0.9 to 1.0 bar too .. HKS induction a de cat and cat back ... So that would be about right then ?? ..

On a quick other note .. Whats a safe (I know theres no guarantee) ish boost to run it on .. chucking a boost control on soon .. just prior to a map .. was looking at 1.2 - 1.4 .. ??

Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Changes to the OEM exhaust and induction improve the engine breathing, so you get higher boost. Some of the IV's fuel cut at 1.2, other at 1.7.
Don't go anymore than 1.1 without fitting a later ECU and remapping.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Changes to the OEM exhaust and induction improve the engine breathing, so you get higher boost. Some of the IV's fuel cut at 1.2, other at 1.7.
Don't go anymore than 1.1 without fitting a later ECU and remapping.
Cheers Gray .. got a 5 ECU and usual stage 1 stuff .. getting the mapping done very very soon :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts