Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my first trip to the twisted mountain roads and gave my new Evo first serious shake down. It was awesome experience. Only one thing eclipsed the overall great ride - brakes fade. After couple of really hard downhill brakings or half an hour of trully spirited driving brakes just fade away - spongy pedal feel, smell of burning pads, poor stopping performance. It took quite a long time to cool them and regain full efficiency. In my opinion they fade too soon and too hard. I heard that fading is serious Evo brakes issue but didn't think it's so much a problem.

Will changing the fluid to Motul RBF600 and hoses to braided Goodridge ones give significant improvement? Or should I also change discs and/or pads? Are factory-option front brakes air ducts worth the price; do they work?

What more can I do to reduce fading? I do not want to change calipers.

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Not good enough for sprints i'm afraid :(

Problem been you need brakes from the word GO - the RS14 is a race pad and works well from cold, but doesnt REALLY start biting until hot :(

I know your running DS2500 - which i found to be absolutely crap for fade - any more than five corners and i couldnt stop on the road :( Even the fast road Pagid RS421 pads were alot better both in bite and fade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts