Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what it's supposed to be please. I've just fitted a SAGA V2 boost gauge and it's telling me that the car is making 1.15bar boost peak and held in 4th gear. Only mods are 3" decat pipe and cat back Blueflame exhaust (downpipe is standard).

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Seems perhaps a touch low but it's not far enough away to say that anything is wrong with it. Std is normally around 1.2-1.3ish

Andy

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures

Finally got round to taking some pictures of the boost gauge.

Need to paint the head of that bolt black to disguise it!

·
Registered
401 Posts
AndyF_RSX said:
Seems perhaps a touch low but it's not far enough away to say that anything is wrong with it. Std is normally around 1.2-1.3ish

Andy
really???? i was told that 10 psi on my Evo8 was OK as standard :confused:(although slow as ****) I need to set my Blitz SBC-ID to 55 set and 20 gain to get anywhere near these numbers and it's still not that much. I peak at 16.4 psi. Do i really need to keep hiking up my boost controller to reach a decent boost pressure or do i have problems?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have a 7, i had apexi induction , de-cat and was boosting 1.25 peak and dropping to 1.05 bar :) not sure what psi that is?

·
Registered
86 Posts
boost should peak at 1.20 and hold 1.05 standard if you try holding 1.25-1.3 with standard ecu i had fuel cuts really bad in 4th and 5th so unless your changing ecu i would leave well alone

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi

Standard car is set for 1.2 Bar peak, fuel cut is set for 230 load, which is a bit over 1.3 Bar in rough terms. You can buy a £100 cable and flash the ECU yourself to up the boost cut.

If your car won't boost to that level, check the actuator for damage. rust etc. Also check the boost lines arn't kinked or crushed.

MB

·
Registered
401 Posts
burgers22 said:
Hi

Standard car is set for 1.2 Bar peak, fuel cut is set for 230 load, which is a bit over 1.3 Bar in rough terms. You can buy a £100 cable and flash the ECU yourself to up the boost cut.

If your car won't boost to that level, check the actuator for damage. rust etc. Also check the boost lines arn't kinked or crushed.

MB
Im guessing here but would i be right in saying that my car only hits 10psi of boost when the boost controller is turned off due to the standard restrictors being removed when the boost controller was fitted?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi

My guess is that you have an actuator problem. With the boost controler not bleeding any air off, the actuator should lift at 14psi and start to regulate your boost.

You can test the actuator by hooking it up to a foot pump and very gently, by hand, apply presure to see when the actuator lifts, should be 1bar or 14.5 psi. Be careful, you can bust the actuator by putting to much into it. Mitsi have a special tool to do this by hand, but a foot pump will do as well.

MB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts