Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Am i correct in thinking that the pipe that goes to the actuator has the restrictor in, or is it the pipe that goes dowards to the intercooler feeed pipe? Also, the pipe that goes upto the solenoid from the T peice fastens onto the front connection on the solenoid right? ( the rear one going to the airbox)

Just put the original piping back on to test a few things out and the boost wont go obout 0.7bar i.e. the actuator is getting all the boost from the turbo and the solenoid is doing nothing :(

help!

Rich :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Rich,
The pipe with the restrictor in is the one before the T-piece i.e. the one that goes towards the intercooler pipe and the T-piece pipe goes onto the front of the solenoid.

What you have done is fitted the pipe with the restrictor in the wrong place i.e. going to the wastegate.
Therefore the bleed from the solenoid is trying to bleed off a small amount of air from a high pressure source and not being very effective at all. This is why Mitsi put the restrictor in the line from the turbo outlet so that you can use a smallish air bleed via the solenoid to control the boost.

Hope this helps

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hia ;)

Thanks for the advice, i`ll give it another go, but i`ve already tried it both ways just incase, having forgotten whether it was the actuator pipe or the intercooler pipe that had the restrictor in http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > hehe ... could be something else that i`ve missed then :)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Well blow me, i changed it over and it worked! Wierd...either i took it off and put it on again the same way last night or theres a Gremlin at work!? http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

hmm....Cheers Andy!

Rich. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
No problem Rich,
Gremlin at Work....... You should have fitted it at home. Wouldn't have had a problem then ;)

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts