Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of Rays CE28n wheels off my 350z that I fancy putting on my Tommi Mak just for a change for the summer.
They are 19's but 10.5" on the rear and 9.5" on the front, any suggestions on tyre size to keep the rolling circumference the same?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I wouldnt think they will fit being that width without arch mods, but if your gunna try a 30 or 35 profile would proberly be needed and the handling/ride would be crap

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okey dokey, I'll stick with the standard wheels then :handsup:
I've got 2 Maks and have only got this up, running & mapped after nearly 2 years so I'd like to at least use it for a while without further grief :mhihi:

I very much appreciate the replies, I'll leave the wheels on the 350z!!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Okey dokey, I'll stick with the standard wheels then :handsup:
I've got 2 Maks and have only got this up, running & mapped after nearly 2 years so I'd like to at least use it for a while without further grief :mhihi:

I very much appreciate the replies, I'll leave the wheels on the 350z!!
I've ran staggered wheels on an Evo 7 for 2 years without issues m8 lol

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Never had any issues with it...what with the wise ass comments?? Giving the guy factual info and not telling him **** like he will wreck his diff or gearbox!! Worse case his car will handle poor depending on setup!!

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
Never had any issues with it...what with the wise ass comments?? Giving the guy factual info and not telling him **** like he will wreck his diff or gearbox!! Worse case his car will handle poor depending on setup!!
Were you running anything like 19" x 10.5" rims? They're crazy too big on an Evo:)

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Running the same or very similar rolling radius is ok but any degree of difference spells trouble.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
The wheel diameter and/or geo settings won't influence the loads on the transmission - its unequal rolling radius that's the problem
Not entirely true!! Excess camber will cause the transmission to work at incorrect angle and will put strain on it!! Rim diameter really won't matter a toss unless you stick 24" rims on something on it lol

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've run staggered on a few gtrs in the past, I think the biggest were 18's though. It was something like, from memory, 275/35/18 rear and 245/40/18 fronts. The rolling circumference was the same so caused no issue, I've also run a couple of STi's but on 17's.
These all arrived from Japan like that, I've put 19 rears and 18 fronts on a few of my NSX but of course these are just rwd not 4wd :smthumbup
All opinions appreciated!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've run staggered on a few gtrs in the past, I think the biggest were 18's though. It was something like, from memory, 275/35/18 rear and 245/40/18 fronts. The rolling circumference was the same so caused no issue, I've also run a couple of STi's but on 17's.
These all arrived from Japan like that, I've put 19 rears and 18 fronts on a few of my NSX but of course these are just rwd not 4wd :smthumbup
All opinions appreciated!
The gtr awd system is completely different, using a multiplate wet clutch to transfer drive to the front under certain conditions, it's not a full time 4wd system like the evo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd like to hear more about excess camber causing the transmission to work at the incorrect angle causing strain....this sounds particularly alarming!

·
Senior Citizen
3,956 Posts
I had 18" wheels on my last evo 5 when I bought it and they ruined the handling. I shudder to think what 19" would do to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts