Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

* Firstly, am I correct in saying that a Ralliart Stage 1 consists of:
HKS Exhaust
HKS Induction Kit
Eibach Lowered Springs
Strengthened ARP Bolts

Is this it???

* Secondly, how much bhp does this add??? Around 30???

* Thirdly, does anyone know of any decent Insurance companies that will quote competitively for an Evo with a stage 1???

Cheers

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shaun

According to Ralliart there is no such thing as a standard Stage 1. There are a number of upgrade parts to choose from including those you have listed as well as boost upgrades.

If you are looking at a car that claims to have a Stage 1, be careful. I looked at one that had only a handful of things done to it, but that wasn't made clear.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Dave, I take it that it would be easier listing the mods when trying to get an insurance quote then rather than saying it has had a stage 1 conversion?

Are there any mod friendly insurance companies out there?

Cheers

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Stage One was a conversion done to early UK 6's by Ralliart UK. The conversion ran more boost (1.3bar I think) and I believe it has a Ralliart ECU as well as the mods you list. A big benefit of the stage 1 was that you retained the 3yr warranty where as virtually any other mod voided it. Power wise I think it is between 310/ 320.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Shaun,
Recently purchased an Evo 6 with same mods as you listed,I rang round loads of insurance brokers and found A-Plan most competitive for me,very helpful and seemed to know all about the mods
Tel no for A-Plan 0845 071 1234 ask for a guy called Max.

Take care

Blood.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys for the info, much appreciated.

JacKal - No, unfortunately I'm not up to the £25k price bracket just yet!!! I've just bought a modded Evo V that I should have probably next week. Rang Bell Direct for an insurance quote and they said they could insure an Evo V but not with a stage 1 conversion. Might ring them back and list the mods instead, after all, it's only really the exhaust and induction kit that improve performance so I can't really see what the problem is.....

Blood - Cheers, I'll give Max from A-Plan a ring.....

Any more mod friendly insurance companies out there???

Cheers

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm insured on my LC with Privilege at the moment. I got a quote from them a couple of months ago for a standard V and a V with a stage 1. The quote for the standard one wasn't bad, but they wanted about an extra £500 or so for the stage 1.....

Cheers

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shaun

For what its worth, if you haven't yet bought the car, it might be worth looking for a car like an RS Sprint. I believe that these were effectively an RS with Stage 1 and special badges!! The reason for this recommendation is that insurers are stupid and if it has an oficial model designation, some don't load the premium. So, I pay the same for my Extreme as I would for a GSR, just adjusted for value!!! Crazy, but true. I am looking at some upgrades and as it would take the engine to the Extreme S spec, and that is rated the same as my car, there will be no extra premium. Work that out, I can't!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Simon,

I agree that some insurers haven't got a clue when it comes to cars like these and it can be a help (as in your case!) or a hinderance. I really would like the comforts of a GSR though, but understand where you're coming from..... It can be frustrating.....

Jeremy,

I'll be in touch.....

Cheers All, and anymore mod friendly insurance companies gratefully received.....

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shaun

Maybe you can persuade Ralliart to badge it for you. Something like a GSR Sprint (if only). Don't blame you wanting the GSR. The RS is far harder to live with as daily transport. I am a bit of a nutter in this respect, usually puting up with a lot and I was really torn between the 2.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just rang A-Plan and spoke to Rob, who was very helpful, knew all about the cars and mods. Quoted £1250 with protected NCB (I'm 28 next week). That is a lot better than I was expecting, Cheers people. Unless InsBro can top that I don't think I'll bother getting any more quotes as I can't see that getting beaten..... :)

I really think an insurance section would benefit us greatly and save new owners loads of time ringing around to be told 'no we don't insure Jap imports' or getting silly quotes..... It could also give current owners a saving.....

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Richard Egger at competition car insurance, who also do track day cover, will insure road Evos, at good rates, as they know private modded cars are more cherrished than unloved company cars.
They also insure my rally evo for road use as well for £600 per year, restricted miles.
Give em a call on: 0115 941 5255 and ask for Tracy Saucedo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shaun,
You sneaky devil! You never told me you got a 5. Was it a yellow beast like you wanted?
Drop me an email and let me know the details.
By the way I am with Bell Direct but probably not for much longer as they charge too much for mods (those that they do allow, definitely NO internal engine mods. Exhaust, induction etc. should be OK well they quoted me for it £80 I seem to remember).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well thanks Jeremy, you were true to your word - £1199. This is less than what I paid for my Evo II standard, and I must have rang about 40 companies for quotes then..... This proves the point I think that we could all benefit from an Insurance section.

Splodge, Thanks. May give them a go to see if they can beat Insbro, although I can't see it getting much lower, to be honest.

HH6, Haven't got it yet, I'm in the process of buying it. Will drop you a mail..... BTW Bell Direct said they wouldn't insure the car with the mods.....

Cheers

Shaun

1 - 18 of 18 Posts