Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my E6 for a year now, I have just had to change the clutch (Now Exeddy 4 paddle and Alcon Flywheel) Re-con box in, and last week an E7 rear diff.

I was going to sell and get a Focus RS (Cheaper to run in the long term)
However, I thought of the extra cash I would have to put to it, and then thought of a Mak in Red.

Now I wonder weather or not just to keep mine, re bush it (Cost anyone??) Get new wheels or re-furb mine in black and go for stage 1.

What will it cost for Stage 1, I already have a full stainless from the turbo back, and DeCat, and a HKS filter, also got the ARP bolts in too.

What will I expect to see power wise and torque figures?

Cheers guys.............. :D

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Well with what you have, i`d go for the Ecutek, RC Developments are very good, you`d probably see 330-350bhp @ 1.5bar ;) ;)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does that involve and what else needs to be done, and again how much???

·
Registered
176 Posts
RC were or still are doing a deal,
ecutek with free apexi boost controller I think it worked out at £850 ish with fitting. :)
Its on the forum somewhere
It's on the products and services section :D

·
Registered
819 Posts
Im just about to change the colour of my standard Evo 6 wheels and go gloss black, hopefully this month they`ll be done.

I`ve got the same mods as those you`ve quoted, except a bigger intercooler and hardpipe kit, plus a Walbro 255 fuel pump, and im running just 1 bar of boost peak, but mine`s been rolling roaded at 322bhp, 287lb/ft.
The operator reckons an Ecutec remap, which they do for £650ish, will give me 350-360bhp ATF.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you keep me posted about how it goes please?

I am running 1Bar boost at the moment, is that standard? A few people who own/owned Evo's said mine is suprisingly quick for a near standard car.
And I chased 2 FQ340's around the A Roads near me and just sat up behind them under accleration on the straights (Say 30-80mph), so there's no difference there! Should there be??? I would have thought they should have pulled a sizeable gap on me, but not a hint of being any faster!!

I may give RC a bell tomorrow and see what they can offer me!! :D I can see me getting bitten by the tuning bug.............. :hammerhea

·
Registered
819 Posts
I wont be mapping mine for a while, got far too many things in life to pay out for first :cry:
I`ll send you a PM with pics of my car once my wheels are done in black though.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I was looking at all the bushes on the suspension arms, anyone any idea for a full set how much they cost?

If I do go for some more power I want the suspension sorting out too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts