Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

This one is probably for Blade, as his car in Banzi is the only E6 I have seen with a stack dash display. How much trouble was this to install? (Has anyone else done it?).

I have looked at one of the new ST8110SR Dash displays that add Boost pressure into the deal with the usual oil pressure, water temp etc.

Thought would look great, but if the sensors are a nightmare to wire up then may well leave alone.

Cheers,

EVO6RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To be honest, it has been nothing but trouble. The speedo has always been a problem (not working properly). Gave up on it in the end, and use the speedo on the turbo timer instead, which works fine.

THe revcounter and oil temperature refuse to work before the car is warm (say after 20 minutes!). The fuel pressure sensor was faulty and leaked, nearly causing an engine fire!!

Very unimpressed. The whole lot is being ripped out and send back for them to sort. Hopefully it will work after that, or it is refund and hello motec dash!

When it works, it will be pretty good.

I got it because I wanted to add track mapping and data logging.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blade, where did you get your STACK? I got mine from SARD which includes the carbon fiber panel to replace the stock one. Wiring was straightforward. Although I had to download the whole manula from the STACK website. Works very good, no problems so far. Some like it and says it looks cool, but some says that my RalliArt gauges I had before were better. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TurboAWD - got mine from Stack themselves. Power Engineering made the carbon surround for it (bit like yours). Think I have just been unlucky with it. It is being sent back to stack to be serviced etc, also to add EGT, Boost and other modules. Dropping the speed, as the turbo timer is perfectly good for that!

Car doesn't register miles any more, but that's hardly a problem unless I sell it (which is not likely!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, TurboAWD - how easy was it to get the bonnet and boot? I really want one (and the HKS Kansai rear spoiler) but can't find anyone here who can get me one. Can you help?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blade,

Glad to help. I have a friend in Japan who does my shopping for me :) I can get Monster stuff from him at 5% off retail. In fact I just ordered one EVO 7 and one EVO 5 hood. Tell me which version you want for the bonnet. Race version (no stiffeners, but super light) and street version (with stiffeners) bonnets. ALso, when you install the boot, you need to take out the two steel rods that help keep the boot up. Kind of a pain at the grocery store cause you need to hold up the boot or else it comes crashing down on the missus ;) If you dont, the boot will not sit well. Monster requires it to be removed.

Tell me which version and where to ship it and I will ask my friend to give us a quote.

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.