Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much fluid does it hold and whats the best to put in it ?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
how much fluid does it hold and whats the best to put in it ?
The official Mitsubish answer is Diaqueen SSTF-1 and 5.5 litres, however it is possible to use alternative oils you just need to make sure that they are definitely are SSTF-1 equivalent otherwise you can kill the box.

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
Although I don't think it's especially helpful, there's a school of thought that suggests you measure what comes out and put back in the same amount!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've actually drained the trans + the oil cooler and just jugged both cans of diaqueen sstf-1 in I read somewhere that if drained both trans and cooler would require @ 7.6 L or something familiar.

Reason why I didn't measure the amount that came out is that Im not sure previous owner put the correct amount in, but hey so far so good!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I usually take out the plug behind the front co driver side (in your case) axle and fill untill it starts spilling out.. that is the method writen in the service manual.. I do, however, run the engine a bit, to circulate the oil and then repeat the fill to check that I have the right ammount in there..

or just chuck in the whatever ammount is written in the service manual.. :D

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
I usually take out the plug behind the front co driver side (in your case) axle and fill untill it starts spilling out.. that is the method writen in the service manual.. I do, however, run the engine a bit, to circulate the oil and then repeat the fill to check that I have the right ammount in there..

or just chuck in the whatever ammount is written in the service manual.. :D
I read that there was a level plug but neither of the garages i've used seemed to know of its existence. Is it very difficult to access or someting like that? It does seem very hit and miss to simply to replace the amount that came out or even to add the manufacturer's total when you don't know how much is still left in after a normal draining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts