Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Owner of an EVO 4 I am new to all this supercar game having come from a VW VR6 - who said they were fast ? -
Went out in it today and the SRS light stayed on - is the air bag about to blow ? Any ideas appreciated

Thanks Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you can be pretty sure its just a steering wheel sensor thats faulty
dealer might be able to sort it for you but don't let them tell you its any more serious until you've had the sensor checked-out, or the problem will just come back.

If you're really stuck post another message and I might be able to put you in touch with someone who can sort it for you at minimal cost

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either that or, have you had the battery off or flat for any length of time. If you have then its just a case of popping along to your nearest mits dealer and getting them to reset the warning light, costs about £15.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its the clock spring on the steering wheel.the light kept coming on on my iv.ralliart fitted a new one last year and problem solved.but it was £72 for the part and £50 for fitting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All
Thanks for the suggestions - went to local dealer where I bought the car and they confirmed that it was a steering wheel sensor fault and have re-set the light but if it comes on again they will order the parts to fix it under my warrenty
Again thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts