Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Me again.

Most of you have probably seen all my threads about my bloody squealing brakes.

Well, after having them stripped down, calipers cleaned thoroughly, brakes bleeded etc etc etc, they still squeal. Brembo Discs (2k) with brembo pads.

If I brake lightly - No squeal
If I brake 20-80 and amp; SQUEAL
If I brake MAX No Squeal

Whats Give's ?

Do I need to get different pads ? Pagid RS14 or Ferodo DS2000 ? Where can I buy these from ?

OR, Can anyone give me a ultimate cure for this problem.

I can't go on much longer.............

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Try getting a can of Wurth. It's a white paste which you spray on the back of the pads. Generally used in the trucking industry for their brakes. In my experience works a lot better than copper slip or crc (crc totally useless).

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Try using the anti squeal shim kit. This replaces the steel sliders that the pads slide down inside the caliper with ones that have ridges in, and therefore they grip the pads. The squeal is apparently caused by the pads vibrating. These might help. MNy brakes still squeal with them in, but I think it's down to the Mintex F4R pads.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Check that you have torqued up the wheel nuts to the correct poundage (90 ft/lb I think),and this should stop your'e squealing .

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,

I'm running on Mintex 1144 cut downs and the best way to get rid is squeal is to take the fecker on a couple of track days and thrash the tits off it! Worked for me :)

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Steve C,

So whats the solution for a car that only squeals occasionally on the road, but squeals like a stuck pig round the track?

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Darryl, you've got me there - my problem was the exact opposite as mine squealed like buggery around town (everybody looking round) but no problems on track. I actually bedded the Mintexes in on a track day at Cadwell http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > Dragon changed the pads for me the day before and I had about 120 miles of road use to get them bedded before Cadwell. Still squeaked after that but a good thrash at Croft finally shut them up for everyday use - get the occasional noise when coldbut nothing major. One thing was that they never made a noise on the track.

The only thing I can think of is you're not driving hard enough on track mate [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Steve,

Ya could be right - I was overtaken by a Fiesta at Cadwellhttp://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I have ferodo pads, I don´t know which model they are but Advevo told me that they must be Ferodo ds3000 plus. When they are cold there is no noise, but after 4 - 5 brakes they start squealing too much, the car seems a train braking. I´m fed up and I´m thinking in changing them by this reason.
I don´t understand why they only squeal when thay are hot, but I don´t think that the reason has something to do with vibrations.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Pagid RS14 dont squeal when hot, only a little bit when cold after you have not used them hard.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Claudius, Does pagid rs14 squeal only a bit? I don´t want the pads to squeal because it attracts attention from everybody and also from our dearest friends, policemen.
Is there any spark coming out from the brake are with the pagid rs14?, Does pagid rs14 brake as well as Ferodo pads? , Do you recommend me pagid rs14 pads?
I know they are many questions but I want to know your experiences, thanks for all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
My mintex racing pads with standard brembo calipers were awesome squeelers until I ordered and fitted some replacement caliper shim clips from coordsport.

Perfect, I can now venture into residential areas!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry willy, I missed your post.

Do they squeal only a little bit? Yes, only a little bit, not all the time, sometimes, after you used them gently.

I havent seen sparks come out of the wheels, but then again, when going for it, I look ahead. The wheels are not dirtier then std, or maybe a little bit.

Do they brake as well as Ferodos? No, a little bit better.

Do I recommend them? Well, yes, I use them, and so do the GrN Rallye teams here.

Pagid is made by BT (Bremsentechnik) in Germany btw...

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
I am in the middle of bedding in the coordsport upgrade kit(see upgrade kit posting) and they are now capable of waking up a large town or possibly small city when braking at low speed. Have spoken to my local Ralliart who suggested, in their own words, give em a reet good thrapping after 500 miles. Roll on Donnington:):)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts