Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , just noticed when car stationary and press the brake pedal there is a squeak coming from driver's side front calliper.
Anything to worry about?
Cheers:mitsi:

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Hello , just noticed when car stationary and press the brake pedal there is a squeak coming from driver's side front calliper.
Anything to worry about?
Cheers:mitsi:
my 5 use to creak, never did find the answer, but have seen a few other posts similar over the years, never with an answer. Mine stopped when I changed to K-Sports

Stu

·
Premium Member
16,917 Posts
How long since you serviced brakes or had pads out? This noise is often caused by one pad stuck in caliper and not sliding as it should , when you press pedal the caliper/ disc trys to flex which makes the noise.

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I completely refurbed them about 5-6 years ago, clean them out properly twice a year and copper grease them, it's back and I can't get rid of it now no matter what I do!
I'm considering just sending them off for a complete overhaul but can't help feeling it's a waste of money as I'll be doing it again in another 5 years, may need to go for a different set up??

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long since you serviced brakes or had pads out? This noise is often caused by one pad stuck in caliper and not sliding as it should , when you press pedal the caliper/ disc trys to flex which makes the noise.

Ian
Hi Ian, could that also cause vibration in the steering wheel, as I'm getting that and thought it was the rust on the discs after winter, although the discs aren't that old .
Cheers
Justin:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
16,917 Posts
Hi Ian, could that also cause vibration in the steering wheel, as I'm getting that and thought it was the rust on the discs after winter, although the discs aren't that old .
Cheers
Yes typically if pads are sticking they cant release from disc face causing them to overheat and vibration can occur, get the pads out and give everything a good clean/regrease and hopefully it sorts it, if pads are still tight after cleaning everything up you probably have the common corrosion issue behind the stainless slider plates inside caliper that end of pads slide on, if so they need to be removed and all cleaned up.

Ian

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks Ian.
Brilliant info.
Might have to get them looked at as I don't even know how to take pads out!
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts