Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering:
Are you the owner of a T reg icelle blue EVO V1 which was seen racing a porsche near Market Weighton in East Yorkshire about 16:00hrs on Monday 23rd May.

If you are did you kicki his ar*e. :confused: :coolsm:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm not i sure i ought to admit it ...BUT

YES YES YES AND YES YES YES :D :D :D :D
What were you in? and were you one of our Victims?

Was Grand little play i can assure you:D Me 3up (80 yr old mother in law in rear so she couldn'tsee speedo)and him solo,up Weighton hill i had the legs or he didnt have the balls but we both hit 140 + .Pity really abt the tossers that didnt look in mirrors b4 baulking us

Tim :D

ps. It was a GT3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going the opposite direction, in my other car a sh*tty green saxo. Your car sounded sweet tho. Shame i wasnt in mine. Are you going to York on Sunday 5th June :coolsm:

·
Registered
289 Posts
T15 MAF said:
I was going the opposite direction, in my other car a sh*tty green saxo. Your car sounded sweet tho. Shame i wasnt in mine. Are you going to York on Sunday 5th June :coolsm:
I Dont remember a shitty green saxo !! :crackup:
No i'm going down to Crooked House meet :D

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Re: I'm not i sure i ought to admit it ...BUT

Timspeed said:
..............................but we both hit 140 + .

Pity really abt the tossers that didnt look in mirrors b4 baulking us
Is it any suprise that fast car drivers and Evo drivers in particular are getting such a bad rap atm? 140+ with other cars around :rucrazy:

Think about this. If you had an accident, even though it might be another drivers fault, youi would be doing time.

·
OAP
1,832 Posts
Re: Re: I'm not i sure i ought to admit it ...BUT

Simon7extreme said:
Is it any suprise that fast car drivers and Evo drivers in particular are getting such a bad rap atm? 140+ with other cars around :rucrazy:

Think about this. If you had an accident, even though it might be another drivers fault, youi would be doing time.
Totally agree - idiotic driving. I use that road a fair bit - its a 3 lane single carriageway with overtaking allowed in both directions in places. The consequences of a head-on collision don't bear thinking about. Blaming other driver's poor judgement when you're exceeding the speed limit by up to 80mph is nonsensical. Hope myself and my family never see you out and about on these roads if that's how you choose to drive - buy some track-time and race GT3's there.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Re: I'm not i sure i ought to admit it ...BUT

Me 3up (80 yr old mother in law in rear so she couldn'tsee speedo)and him solo,up Weighton hill i had the legs or he didnt have the balls but we both hit 140 + .Pity really abt the tossers that didnt look in mirrors b4 baulking us

:shake:
Is this the most shocking statement of the year or is it just (a windup) to provoke a reaction ????

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: Re: I'm not i sure i ought to admit it ...BUT

gsrgeoff said:
Me 3up (80 yr old mother in law in rear so she couldn'tsee speedo)and him solo,up Weighton hill i had the legs or he didnt have the balls but we both hit 140 + .Pity really abt the tossers that didnt look in mirrors b4 baulking us

:shake:
Is this the most shocking statement of the year or is it just (a windup) to provoke a reaction ????
What's wrong with endangering your mother in law's life? :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
just remember that if you had caused an accident which killed one of the 'tossers' driving sensibly or some pedestrian/farmer, you would have been jailed for 5 to 8 years. even if the porsche driver had caused the accident, the fact you were racing him would have seen you jailed for 3 to 7 years.

I suppose you would then not have to put up with the mother-in-law though!

pvm

·
Registered
383 Posts
Awesome!! Another thread about how naughty it is to speed - Why not save time writing your very long self righteous posts and do a quick search for "racing at the lights" or similar; you'll be able to copy and paste someone elses rant.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I'm sure we all like speed at the right time and place - if you either believe this story or agree with it then your a pleb IMO.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What a set of self richeous do gooding plonkers (read as Wan**rs)you lot are.
I'm begining to think most of you should be selling any Evo you own and buy yourslf a Sinclair C5.That way your never ever goin to beak any rules.

P.s i dont need to buy track time to race GT3 i get paid for doing it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
140+ is slightly excessive though mate,just to prove your/his car is fastest.The 'tossers' that baulked you probably did look in their mirrors,but didnt expect you two melons to be going THAT quick.
Put it in perspective,if my wife was in her car with the kids, was driving at 60 mph,you'd hit her at 80mph.......mmm nice.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
Timspeed said:
Which makes the fact you did it on the road even worse. If you genuinely get paid for doing that where was the need to prove anything? I'd understand why someone might want to see how their car compares to others, but if you already know then what was the point? :confused:

Would you keep your job if you lost your license? I know most of us would, but you probably wouldn't.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Timspeed said:
What a set of self richeous do gooding plonkers (read as Wan**rs)you lot are.
I'm begining to think most of you should be selling any Evo you own and buy yourslf a Sinclair C5.That way your never ever goin to beak any rules.

I think if you look back there is only 1 EVO owner who has commented against it.

The rest of us are Ex owners.

I am usually on the "other side" on these type of threads where someone says they raced whatever and beat it, but they usually say it was on an out of town dual carriageway etc, not with other (elderly) people in the car and travelling at more than 140, then having the audacity to have a go at people pulling out ?????

As I said before - as MLR people we must all love quick cars and drive quick quite often - at the right time and the right place with the right people in the cars.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I would say,it is not ok to race on the street when other cars are around,but everybody looks at Timspeed. Why? Has he raced alone? No,there is a second car in that race,the porsche,he did the same,but nobody speaks over him. Did nobody in here,race on the street agains some other cars,come on guys,Tim didn´t kill anybody,he was only a little bit too fast ;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I posted a Video not so long ago of a member of DIMDC who is also a member here moving at some incredible speed against some of the world fastest super cars.........BUT

1) It was a one off
2) It wasn't in a town centre
3) The passenger he did have was aware of what was going on and wanted to participate
4) It was an almost empty motorway
5) His car had been checked over before hand
6) Has numerous track hours under his belt

I agree that some people on here are self righteous and you will have to bite your tongue on occasions, but this time you are in the wrong for so many reasons I speed but not in town centres or roads leading towards them

I am pretty certain you don't need telling it's probably one of those things where you get caught up in the moment, but for your own safety mate and those around you :) try not to do it too much because one day it might go belly up :blah:

1 - 20 of 150 Posts