Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Experienced loss of power on motorway and went into limp mode. No EML on dash. Pulled into services. Turned off and on again. Car then drove fine. Took it to local garage who ran diagnostics and pulled up a loss of power code. Apologies but didn't get the actual code off the chap.

Anyways, the mechanic told us we had two options, get rid of the car or change the turbo which will work fine but then the oil pump will go and lead to a brand new engine. He said he tested oil pressure in car and that was fine.

There was no warning for the car going into limp mode ie no strange noises, smoking exhaust etc.

We're just at a loss because we've owned this car from new and have never had a problem. Mechanic said his mother in law had same car and its opening a can of worms once you have a problem like this.

Anyone else experienced anything similar and got issue resolved? We're takimg it to Mitsubishi to get their diagnostics and opinion just so we can satisfy ourselves that this really could be the can of worms the mechanic is warning us of.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Right, me and several others had this problem. If you check my post in the engine/turbo section think it's "2010 lancer di-d underboost issue" or something like that you'll find a very informative thread. Basically on the 2010 Lancer sport back Mitsubishi made a bulletin, You'll see it on my thread. I had same issue and despite paying £2,000 on labour, parts etc I found no cure. Some guy told me on my thread about bulletin and what to try. Cost me £10 for an EGR blanking plate which is easy enough for anyone to fit and £150 to get ECU mapped or to replace the "EGR inter cooler" Mitsubishi quoted £700+. My cars ran fine since & the limp mode was daily for me! Email me if you need any more information/help [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts