Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home from cadwell yesterday and brakes travel is all spongy and takes some time to bite.
I'm not that hard on my brakes as prefer to slow down using the gearing as well.I had this at the last track day.Changed the pads last time and no problem.
Should i get throuigh a set if mintex 1144 so quick or are my brakes better than I thought?
Both rear and front showed serious brake dust so know they are working correctly.rears havn't been changed for some time ,but getting through a set of pads every track day.
Would upgraded hoses be recommended also .The E4 only has 2 pot on the front ,but they do stop reasonabley well on a track day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shorty

Just from my own exeprience, I would suggest that you bleed the brakes as this could be an issue. The other thing is that you may have glazed the pads, maybe on a slowing down lap or something? Cure for glazed pads is a litlle rub with emery paper, or if none available I believe Blade did it on concrete at a trackday!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
braided hoses make a huge difference on anything,well worth £40
and yes bleeding/changing fluid can make as much difference too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a good source for the braided hoses? I definitely want to get these changed as my pedal feel isn't good and bleeding has made some improvement but they're not perfect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goodridge is probably the most popular and readily available. Most Motorsports/parts companies stock them (e.g. Demon Tweaks etc.) for about £50. They are PTFE hoses with a stainless steel braid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.