Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Evo V as you know from my nick. Regarding the plastic strip on the rear fender, how do you clean it? the car manuals say ask mitsubishi for appropriate cleaner. And the aluminium spoiler blade, how do you protect it? will polishing it with car polish ruin it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi evo V
using car polish on the rear spoiler will be fine as after all it is painted with the same paint as the rest of the car (assuming you have not removed the paint)
im not quite sure what a 'rear fennder ' is .
i take it you are on about the rear bumper, again if it's painted (which they are )just use normal car polish. if its not painted (for some reason)use some think like 'back to black' or 'auto glym bumper care'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spoiler blade on the Evo V is aluminium and it is not painted like the one in Evo VI. Therefore i don't know if car polish can be applied to it.

and the fender is the thing that is above the rear wheels. The bulge that normal lancer don't have. I don't know what it is call... that is all i can describe it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no problem with the wheel arch extensions, just use normal car polish. Plain aluminium spoiler? I thought they were all painted?
If the spoiler is laquered then use normal car polish, if it is just aluminium (hard to believe that its not laquered) then use a metal polish suitable for aluminium.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just car polish the flares.

only use metal polish on the aluminium blade if you want it to be mirror finish. I would just wash it and leave it be. It currently just a raw finish.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In all Evo V I have seen in Spain the aluminium rear spoiler is not painted.
Why do you want to polish it? I only wash it and dry it.It doesn´t need the same care than the painted pieces of the car (It looks always fine).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you polish it, it will cause reflection. This will be worse if you've got a lot of attack angle on the blade, and you look out via your rear view mirror.

All VI wings are painted. V are a raw finish, non-painted, non-polished.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't polish the aluminium.
Highly likely it's clear anodized for corrosion protection. Autosol will polish through the anodizing and salty wet roads will corrode the surface nicely. Once polished you will have to polish it all the time. Just clean it with car shampoo/rinse and chamois dry to keep it good as new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts