Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Speedo sensor is on it`s way out.The speedo seems to work whenever it wants to.I had a service done by my local ralliart dealer who said they can get one for £194 plus fitting.I do not really want to pay that so does anyone know where you can get these for less or has anyone replaced one using there warranty?I do not mean the Ralliart warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am sure they were less than that from Ralliart, but things may have changed since CCC are in on the act.

Had mine changed twice under Ralliart warranty, but make sure you get the NEW type, which are apparently more reliable. I wouldn't let a Misti dealer change it either as they fit the wrong one in my experience!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Colonel,
I too have had my speedo sensor replaced under the Ralliart warranty but as Adamski says, make sure you get the new type fitted.
The older type are mounted on the bulkhead and the vibration causes them problems. The new type are mounted directly inline from the pickup point and don't suffer from the vibration. From what I could gather from Ralliart, this seemed to be a common(ish) problem that they know about with the old type of sensors.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speak to one of the import companies near you.

Mine had to be replaced shortly after I bought my car and although it was done FOC by STi Imports in Bristol, I am sure they said it only cost £30 or £40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts