Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The Speedo in my E6 is intermittently dropping to zero whilst driving. I have not been able to identify any particular reason for why is suddenly stops working and then starts again. The rev counter is not effected and works ok. I am loath to take it into a dealer since they will probably test it out and either say they can't find anything wrong or try and sell me parts I don't need.

Anyone got any ideas?
Can anyone tell me where the sensor is located that measures the vehicles speed so that I can check the cable/clean the sensor to see if it fixes the problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jim
I'm having exactly the same problems, as well as using someone else's name on here apparently http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
There are some replies to my posting Speedo last modified 15/2/01 see below. May be worth keeping in touch if it proves a problem to get it fixed - Mine's a Ralliart car so should be under warranty I assume - how about you?
Steve P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yr car an import ?

My VI is a Jap import , and the speedo recalibration/delimiter module fitted to it by the importer causes the speedo to drop by 10-20 mph when cruising at around 75-85 mph.

This used to bug me , but now I don't really notice it.

I'm not aware of what Ralliart install on the official UK cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same problem and posted on here about it.

It is the speedo interface box (little grey box screwed to the bulkhead). This re-syncs the electronic speedo pulses from KPH to MPH. Ralliart confirmed that it would be this causing the problem and my local dealer is changing it tomorrow!

Speed will drop to 0 from 70 and no mileage is recorded (and is completely illegal). Also if in slow moving traffic will jump about ie, leap from about 5mph to 60 when crawling along!!!

Tell your delaer what it is and get them to call Ralliart they should then just agree to replace the unit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts