Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks liek I have a problem with my kph-mph converter.. my tacho keeps going to zero whilst driving then back up again to the appropriate speed seemingly with a will of its own.

Any ideas how much these cost, or can they be repaired... how about labour charge ???

any help would be good

Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know where the converter is ? Maybe I could check for myslef.

Failing that, anyone have any recommendations for someone to sort the problem out other than a Ralliart dealership who'll probably charge me 300 quid or something just for soldering a wire back on ????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your car is a grey import, speak to the importer who would have fitted the converter originally.

When I bought my car I had the same problem and STI Imports changed mine. I believe they cost about £30.00 but couldn't tell you where the converter is located.

http://pages.zoom.co.uk/stiimports/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is right at the back of the engine bay connected to a some electronics equipment which has 53 Denso and then MR... written on it. This black, cylindrical Denso (that's the make) thing is about 10 inches to the right of the type badge which is right in the middle of the bulkhead. Hope this helps...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My speedo converter is located beneath the lower drivers side dash cover (4 screws and two pull to release clips at the top) and to the right side of the steering column , small rectangular black box with 3 wires I think from memory.
My converter also blips down 5-10 mph at around 80 mph occasionaly , I just live with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts