Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had a speed sensor problem before, if so please tell me how it has happened and how to rectify it please, had some serious engine work done and car came back with the fault.

Thanks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did they steam clean/wash your engine? I cleaned mine a few weeks back and got water in the speedo electrics - had to pull the connector of the gearbox end and dry it out.

Just a thought.

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the car back and explain that it was OK when it went in and it wasn't when it came back. Any responsible garage will sort you out. If they don't just tell them you will take your planned £7k complete engine upgrade somewhere else. http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Alternatively check out the Vehicle Speed Sensor is connected correctly. Its located directly behind the engine sort of in line with the right hand rocker cover end (Thermostat/Secondary Air Valve) way down on top of the gearbox. You can't really miss it as its the only thing on the gearbox housing with wires coming out of it. Make sure the connector is firmly in place. Trace the cable back and see if you can see any damage to it if the Sensor is OK.

By the way what work were you having done as it may help to diagnose the problem (did the touch behind the dash at all?).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, had to have the balancing shafts removed as the engine sprung an oil leak and hence the major engine work....

Mitsubishi said may need an new ECU (I don't think so....)

The sensor only kicks in after a long journey ie. 30 mins or so and then starts to be like a kangaroo along the road. Stop and switch off and start again fine for another 30 mins....

We keep in formed by the way I have an Evo 1...

Regards.

Marcia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts