Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope iam not incriminating my self here but , today i was travelling along the motor way and i was sittting at aroun75 -80 all the way . and there was a van right up my rear al the way since i had come on to the motor way and he was being a nuisance so when there was a break in traffic and the road ahead opened up i put the foot down . i wont say how fast i was going but i got to a speed and then the car seemed to lose its power ?? i braked gently the speedo needle got stuck for a second then dropped down again , i then felt a bit shocked so i slowed back down . i dont know what done this. does anyone know ? i was wondering if i had any thing to do with a speed limiter ? how can you tell if your car has one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thank god someone else has had this, it happened to me about 4 weeks ago and i crapped myself, i thought i had done some damage

is yours a new car/modded??, mine is 4 months old.

all the replys on here come back with either clutch slipping or sloppy gear change, i am not sure my self.

i am going to enquire with my dealer at the next service.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking clutch . but in any other car the revs just go through the roof not stick !!
the clutch pedal i think is at the last of its travel ( cant remember what it was like when i got the car )
my car is V , and i have'nt done any mods on it . and there doesnt seem to be any thing that looks out of place under the bonnet , so some one , help |EQU|-(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

What you have come across is indeed the dreaded 180km speed restricter (I had this on T Supra), and now on my EVO, Japanese regulatons strict performance cars to 180km or 112 MPH, I haven't des-restricted my EVO, but I'm pretty sure anyone who knows their EVO's i.e. Ralliart, Stevehill, PE can sort this out for you, I'm pretty sure the restriction is actually within your ECU.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Negri,
I concur with Dragon on this one, it sounds like you have the 112mph limiter still in place. The speed limiter is often sorted along with the speedo conversion to mph from kph for the SVA although not always the case. The delimiter conversion doesn't actually delimit the car but raises the speed restriction to 180mph (or there abouts). As the Evo will never reach that with standard gearing (max possible is 167mph) then it is effectively a delimit. I heard this from Park Lane who imported and SVAed all the earlier Ralliart E6's.

Leelegend,
From what I can remember your case was accelerating from standstill and not at high speed (i.e. 112mph)? I think it was unrelated to the speed limiter in your case and the missed gear change was the most probable cause.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all Japanese cars are limited to 180km/h...not just sports cars! Its a very simple device which cuts fuel to 2 cylinders in the case of the Evo....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oki, they limit power to 280 bhp, speed to 180, what else do they limit? Speed limit? Or comprehension limit like most people on here?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Claudius....or should I say ClaudisK(....have you combined forces with MichaelK??:D) power as you very well know is not limited:)
As for the fuel cut at 180km/h....uhmm not a very big problem if you consider the LIMITED prices we get here in Japan!!! Think about it 2.5 milion yen for a E7 RS or 2.9 for a GSR!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you for your replies . Does any one know how much it is to get the delimiter taken off and what kind of job it is ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
most garages will sort it out, i may be wrong but i thought i saw a gizmo on the TDI web site in thier HKS section about getting round this.

lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts