Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for some really decent speakers for my Evo 6, currently have non oem but they look old and I'm looking for a better sound quality.

They're running off an amp currently, can anyone recommend speakers which deliver a good amount of bass as well as crisp/clear treble which don't distort at high volume?

Am i right in thinking they're 6.5" all round?

Thanks, Max

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I'm not big into ICE, but I found installing dynamat in the front doors an 8" active sub have given it a fairly decent level of noise without rattling the car to bits. Roadradio.com are normally the cheapest and they've a store in Crawley for donkeys years so you can see what they've offering. Also one of the owners has an X, don't think you'll get any extra discount though! :lol:

Normally what you fit will depend on your budget and depth of the door (on 7-9 there isn't much space). I went with an Alpine HU, co-axial Focal 6.5" speakers front and back running off the headunit and an 8" active sub in the boot- which is supplied by 1 plug and take 10 seconds to remove when adulting. There are now some active subs that would fit under the passenger seat and give enough bass without going chav-tastic.

Hope that helps :)

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Have a look for vibe black death pro they do a 6.5 nice & crisp sound.
I used to buy gear from Theloudest.com but it looks like they have
stopped trading I have some gear brand new in the boxes I forgot
about, think I dig it out tonight & see what's there :lol:

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had focal speakers before and rated them highly.
I'll take a look at those vibes, I already have dynamite on the front doors (not covered completely but a large area around the speaker) and inside the boot from a previous owner.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Focal is about your best or JL audio and the starting off range isn't too costly unless you want presicion then can buy some top of the range ones but do cost a pretty penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll go on the hunt for some Focal's then :smthumbup

Best place to buy?

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Looking for some really decent speakers for my Evo 6, currently have non oem but they look old and I'm looking for a better sound quality.

They're running off an amp currently, can anyone recommend speakers which deliver a good amount of bass as well as crisp/clear treble which don't distort at high volume?

Am i right in thinking they're 6.5" all round?

Thanks, Max
you can use a component kit in the front i used (jl audio c2) and then some alpines in the back to use all the factory locations, i also run a mini amp behind the glove box jl hx i think it is. and i dynamatted the doors lightly to save putting mega weight in them just enough it does the job for me and i'm into my audio a lot didn't want to put a sub in the evo though

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can use a component kit in the front i used (jl audio c2) and then some alpines in the back to use all the factory locations, i also run a mini amp behind the glove box jl hx i think it is. and i dynamatted the doors lightly to save putting mega weight in them just enough it does the job for me and i'm into my audio a lot didn't want to put a sub in the evo though
Yeah im with you on that one, I did not want to install a sub.
I have components in the front now so will most likely do the same again.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Yeah im with you on that one, I did not want to install a sub.
I have components in the front now so will most likely do the same again.
you'll be happy with a good amp running the speakers like i have just enough bass

speak to a guy called Adam here he does all my audio they will point you in the right direction
http://www.carelecderby.co.uk/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts