Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a plug starts breaking down, will it show its self as a miss all the time or will it run fine for a drive and then the next time you drive it just won,t rev.
Not just under load but standing and bliping the throttle?

This particular car drives fine one day and can just do 40mph the next.

Any advice:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Deenohunt and me both had iffy plugs. Both cars only showed missfire under load, for me anything over 1.2 Bar got it missing.

MB

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shows its self @ no boost just trying to keep it going down the motorway is a job in its self.

Then it clears and it will get up to about 75-80 and then start cutting.
Its like when you prod the throttle and then come off and then back on....like when on part throttle over bumpy road...jerk...jerk.....jerk.
When you dip the clutch and try the revs its struggles to rev clean, sometimes not reving no matter what you do.

But ticks over fine/ starts fine.:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
pull the plugs and check them.if there is one misfiring badly the tip will probably be black with carbon from poor combustion or damaged.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hi guys i think i had a simlilar problem in my car.playin around wiv too much anti lag and my car was not boosting properly. u most probably need to take out your spark plags and re-gap those. after re-gapping the plugs my boost is runnin jus fine now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts