Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys my X is ont it standard wheels 18" x 8J i believe are ET38.

I've lowered it on coilovers so theres not much of a gap between the tyre and arch.

The wheels now look completely lost so im going to space them back out. i was going to go with 15mm or 20mm spacers but looking at the space in the rear im not sure if it'll take a 15mm without rubbing but I dont think a 5mm will make any difference and for some reason people seem to avoid 10mm spacers.

What are you boys running or what do you suggest. will 5mm be enough do you think or will 15mm sit in there no problem?

TIA

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Guys my X is ont it standard wheels 18" x 8J i believe are ET38.

I've lowered it on coilovers so theres not much of a gap between the tyre and arch.

The wheels now look completely lost so im going to space them back out. i was going to go with 15mm or 20mm spacers but looking at the space in the rear im not sure if it'll take a 15mm without rubbing but I dont think a 5mm will make any difference and for some reason people seem to avoid 10mm spacers.

What are you boys running or what do you suggest. will 5mm be enough do you think or will 15mm sit in there no problem?

TIA
I ran a 25mm offset, lowered 30mm with a 9.5 wheel, so you can use a 15mm spacer if you want:smthumbup

we can discuss it on Saturday

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah? i looked very briefly the other day and didn't think 15mm would fit in the rear because of the shape of the arch?

Oh well like you say we'll have a look at the weekend then i can order them at the end of the month all being well. spent too much so far.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Sure you had no rubbing on the front under full lock? Or small mods were in place to make more room for 9.5? My front Rota's certainly rub (just) under full lock while parking for instance.
what size tyre?? I ran a stretched 245, no rubbing at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts