Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations guys?

Want to be working outside the next few months in the garage but it's not going to get any warmer any time soon.

Thinking of a diesel blower, can't be too expensive to buy or run really. Garage is a reasonably large double.

Would like to be able to use it with the door closed without dying of carbon monoxide poisoning! :D

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Aldi have a little gas space blow heater forsale that's not that expensive, ive got one it's pretty good for its size

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Don't go for something that burns fuel it will fill the garage with fumes and humidity.

Go for an electric blower fan. There's some in screw fix specifically for garages . Just be careful with flammables!!

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
I have a house hold electric fan heater ,works a treat ,while its never going to be sub tropical it takes the chill off no end, i find it best just to get a decent set of overalls and a MEGA wife who bring s brews in every hour or so

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got the Aldi space heater - it was reduced to 50 euro at the end of last winter.

It says it has a higher BTU output than most of the equivalent clarke range I was looking at, and is performing well in a 65 sq metre garage.

Be advised that it requires Propane (red cylinder) - butane and patio gas are not suitable. Patio gas whilst still propane, has a different connector.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thansk for the feedback so far. :thumbup:

I fully expected the space heaters, be them gas or diesel to be usable with the doors closed to make it toasty warm, I thought they were a flu less type design. Otherwise what's the point in a space heater if you have to keep the door open!

More reasearch shows you can get indirect heaters but the price is just getting silly now.

Another thought is I'd probably be wanting to do some paining in there at some point so maybe an infrared type arrangement would be more suitable. Maybe 4 x 1.5kw IR heaters 2 on each side of the garage? Would that cope with the space? Garage doesn't have a ceiling so no heat barrier to stop losses going upwards.

Always wanted underfloor heating and check tiled floor :D not an option this time around!!

·
Very Senior User
1,084 Posts
I got a Sealey LP13 Space Warmer Propane Heater off ebay. Says OK for use in a large volume indoor space like a garage, bolts to top of 13kg bottle and is about 5kw so more than is easy to do with an electric heater without overloading normal garage wiring. So far enough to take the edge off my 6x5m garage and you get some nice radiant heat as well as convection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts