Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to organise a meeting for us Southwest Evo owners.

Same details apply as the last ditched effert.
Meet at Mitsi Swindon,as easy to find .

DATE 30th sept

I will not be at my computer for a week from 18th -25th So post here or mail me [email protected]
This is a not just turn up type meeting unless you don't have access to the forum or come with a mate .
This way others will have an Idea who will come and who won't..
I will post all that are coming if I am e-mailed direct.
Hope can have a turn out ,all are welcome ,If you have scoob or other jap modded cars bring them along ,as can preech to the unconverted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm up for that Shorty, I'll be coming from Bedford area, probably with my mate in his Skyline, is anyone else interested from my area?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shorty,

Deffo, as long as it's not in friggin Cornwall. Can we make it Oxford area, as the people who have expressed an interested so far are from the north of this area, so it would be easier for them (obviously, I'm not bothered http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >)

You could also maybe attract da Readin' posse too! Even the elusive Debs?

And

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pondy.
Bring your ass to Swindon ,a Cornish venue would be great ,especially on the fistrel beach ,great barbaque venue ,naked swimmers and such .

Clivew ,no worries about coming down ,bring the skyliner as well.Dragon if you can keep up come along:)
The South- west meets have always had a good response ..
Geographically there are'nt that many of us down this way , Cornwall and Exeter with Bristol .Wilts has a few participants .
Windsor pulled from all southern areas when we did one there although Didn't expect such a response,so venue a little small.
This time will go on a little drive to a eating house for lunch ,You don't have to eat if you wish to bring a packed lunch.
Treat it as a day out ,and bring the kids.
My son who is just over 3 can say Mitsubishi your car is fast! lets go fast.
So don't have the same colour car as me or he will nick your wheels.
Don't forget the maidenhead meet had 12 or more Evo's.

So thats
Clive w and skyliner?
Pondy
Dragon
Me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may come too. I am doing Croft the next day, so if the timings work out, I will come along.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
South west, swindon????

Swindon is north of bristol and hence in the midlands, and Oxford is a suburb of London isn't it? :).

Seriously though are you likely to be travelling south west to the final venue from swindon?

I would be intertested in meeting all you guys and gals but being a lazy b'stard do not want to drive all the way to swindon only to have to turn around again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shorty I'm in,

Coming from Newquay so I'll vote for the move to Fistral Beach :)

Are we going for a spin in the country or is this a meet and swap war stories type thing.
Don't mind either way.

See you there, unless hell freezes over.

Steve ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one Paul

Should be able to come along, lets hope it's as good as the last one :D

Rgds Kevin A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a re-cap

Clive w |PLS| skyliner pal
Dragon
Pondy
Oli
steve [ E6rs }
Kevin [T27 }
Tony [Blade}
Me

Oli ,the end venue is close to Swindon but far enough to get a good drive.
Blade ,usual meeting time is 12 -- 12.30pm then finish late afternoon or when you want to go.
Steve, bit of a spin to the pub ,have some lunch and chat about what ever,I was too young for the last war ,and hopefully too old for the next.If you decide to stay overnight on the saturday,let me know and I will sus out a B and amp;B and come out on the razz .
Normally we get attendees from a wide radius so any one is welcome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paul,

Bloody hell - you've picked a day when I'm not working!!! Count me in . . . I'll bring me new 'old skool' wheels!!!

Just a quick question: I guess we're meeting at Fish Brothers Mitsubishi, Paddington Drive, Bridgemead, Swindon???

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Darin .

yep,
My heads wrecked so I'm off work for a week recovering.Sorry for confusion .
Fish Bros Mitsubishi ,Paddington drive ,Swindon.
The Mitsi dealership is sandwiched in between Alfa-fiat and Renault,which is left of the sainsburys complex.
From M4 JUNCTION 16,third round about ---3rd exit---follow rd to mini round about and take a left and dealrs on the left.
From north Swindon ,come in on the great western way and head out to M4 ,when you come to Dick Lovett show room [has its windown whitened out] on a large round about turn left .Ask for Mfi or sainsbury west swindon ,if you get lost.then you'll be mighty close.
I am back in action on the 26th so will catch up .
If more add there names to the thread ,could some one just add to the list as I am not at a computer for a week.
See ya later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is anyone bringing wives, girlfriends, kids etc,. I will bring the Duchess if evryone else does, but she don't want to come if it's just boys!

And

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't make this now - my missus is going to shackle me to the bathroom to decorate it - apparently it is the least I could do as I am going to Croft on Sunday evening, and did Brunty last Saturday.

Spoil sport!

Sorry to let you down....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a re-cap

Clive w |PLS| skyliner pal
Dragon
Pondy
Oli
steve [ E6rs }
Kevin [T27 }
C2GSR
Darin
Zippy.
Me

Any one else just wanting to come along then do so should leave Mitsi dealer to head off for lunch about 1 pm.
meeting time at Mitsi Swindon !2-12.30 pm.

Pondy ,No problem bringing the family ,some do some don't ,depends whether the other half can talk cars for the afternoon!but certainly no worries if they want to join in .

Any problems finding the Mitsi dealer then ring me on 07768 13-12-14

See you all there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like I will be coming to this in the end, meet up with c2singh and mark shead on the way down, cruise down together.

Thing is, I've seen in previous posts meeting for 12 - 12.30 and then saying we are meeting for 1pm.

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.