Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting an idea about who would attend a southwest meet on 2 nd sept,and their after on the last sunday of each month.
If you have read cover to cover the MLR mag like me .Darin is trying to encourage area meetings through out the country .
The southwest is an awkward part of the country,as devon and Cornwall are out on a limb.And not many Evo/lancer drivers.
Previous Southern meets I have been fortunate to organise have been in the windsor/reading area and have had excellent responses.But I feel they may be having their own area meetings in the future.
I am looking for responce from these counties .Wiltshire,Gloucestershire,Oxford[south]Bristol[Old Avon]Somerset,Dorset and if any one from Bucks, Hants wants to join in NO PROBLEM.
Trying to get a format that Hunty is doing Up North ,and thats to meet at a local Mitsubishi dealer.
Mitsubishi Swindon should be getting Ralliart status soon,although they said they were getting a RS E6 a year ago and it didn't arrive.
Any way less of the chitty chatty stuff.
Go for a spin around the country side to a pub for lunch.Routes taken will not include speed cameras of any sorts,and not publicised incase the old bill are out.
Post here if interested or E-mail me on [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shorty,

I'd be up for it. I live in Hants, but am often in Devon to visit the crumblies, so if it's a goer, I'll be there...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shorty,

If I'm around when any meets are on I'm in. 2nd Sept may be tight, but the end of the month meets sound good to me.
I live in Cornwall so the chances of a convoy to Swindon are pretty slim http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Steve [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice one fella's,

There are a few of us down this way ,if it does happen that majority are coming closer to Bristol ,then It shouldn't be any problem to move the venue.
Swindon Mitsubishi is very easy to find from M4 junction 16.
As said If some can't make this one then It will become monthly or bi-monthly ,depending on interest .
Don't forget to pass on info to mates ,who may not have a PC ,or access to the net.
Darin is trying to get some details in the next mag issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys,

Would have been up for that too... in the Hants area but often down in Bath so would have come along... HOWEVER...

2nd of Sept is TRAX 2001 so i'm down to go to that.. any further meets i would be up for !!

BTW who do you guys in Bristol and Bath use for servicing... rang the Mitsy dealer in Bath and they seem very nice guys.. any body used them in the Southwest ???

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
****** thats a good point about trax as I know quite a few do actually go there.
I was going to organise it for 26 th aug but my sisters getting married on that week end.
I could still organise it as its the bank holiday week end so the monday 27 th is in for a shout.
Tell me what you think ,and will post another date thread.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi paul,would love to come and support your new group,the next few weeks will be awkward as my wife has booked a little shopping break in london over the bank holiday and if i have any money left after her injection of shop to you drop i would be surprised.Seriously though,if you organise anything in september i would be up for it.Iam picking up my new evo tme from mitsubishi motors (bristol) on 1/9/01 early in the morning as i cannot wait much longer.So if you want to come down and say hello please do,good luck with getting more people interested,give us a call on 01803 863958 or email me if anything happening in the future.

Regards Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Judging by the dates at the end of Aug/Sept its going to be awkward for many.
It may be that A get together mid part of sept may be worth while.
kids are back to school by then as well.
and I'm off on hols for a week as of the 18 th sept.1st week off all year.Its a arse working for yourself sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts