Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many thanks to all who attended events and meets in 2016, the regional membership is growing steadily so please come along and join in.

I will be adding more events once I know what the full MLR calendar is so subscribe to this thread to see updates and also keep an eye on our dedicated regional Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309296462515944/

If you want to attend a meet click on the relevant link below and add your name. Feel free to PM me if you want any other information or have ideas for an event or meeting. :smthumbup

Jez

29th January - meet and drive - South East Wales, click here

26th February monthly meet and drive details in this link: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=533018

May 14th - Joint North Wales & South Wales Mega Meet - Clywedog Dam

10th June - JDM Coombe

1st July - S. Wales attendance at Japfest Donnington 2017

July 23rd - S.Wales & S.West Attendance at Totally Japanese Show
CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

August 26th & 27th - The UK's first ever Evo Festival and MOD (Mitsubishi Owners Days) - S. Wales attendance. Details here and our Facebook event here.

17th September - The Big Welsh Car Show, Chepstow Racecourse.

September 23rd - Rallyday 2017 details here on the MLR

October 22nd - Regional meet and lunch - details here

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Main post updated with details of this years joint Wales mega meet

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone in our region going to the Evo Festival at Cadwell at the end of August?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone from S.Wales going to Rallyday this weekend?

Let me know if you wish to meet me at the convoy points as follows:

06:30: Sarn Services J36 - Shell garage forecourt
06:50: Cardiff Gate Services J30 - main car park
07:10: Magor Services J23A - Meet in far corner next to car wash.

Depart Magor no later than 07:15 to arrive at Castle Coombe approx 08:00

I will not wait at any of the stops later than published times to ensure we don't get snarled up in the queues at Coombe so if you want coffee or toilet break at any of them please get there earlier.

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Resignation as RO

After a great deal of soul searching and discussing how I feel with some of you as well as personal friends outside of the MLR I have this evening offered my resignation as South Wales Regional Organiser to Darin. I will also step down as an Administrator of our local Facebook Group handing back the reigns to Jhfozzy (who created it originally and remains the owner) in the interim.

I've decided I have more important things in my life that are positive than having to deal with the negativity (mostly passive aggressive) that I'm currently experiencing through this group, either very openly or "privately" in other areas that I have seen. It feels like a defeat after such a positive start just over a year ago but one thing I have learnt from tough times in life is that I must concentrate on what makes me happy, unfortunately this doesn't anymore.

I'd like to thank those of you who appreciated my efforts and the enormous amounts of personal time it takes to organise events, trying to satisfy everyone. The private messages of support I have received outweighed the negativity directed at me however it is that negativity and criticism that leaves a lasting effect. Ultimately I am a person too with feelings who doesn't like to be treated in a manner they wouldn't treat others. All I ever attempted to achieve was to bring together a group of people with the same interest, the Lancer, but when that is no longer being achieved it is right and proper to step aside.

I will remain an active member and attend events where I can, I wish every success to whoever steps up to what is not an easy role and I hope they help take the MLR and the Facebook Group forward in a manner that is measured , respectful of all, inclusive and benefits everyone.

Cheers, Jez

Reactions: Brian Rees

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Family & personal life first Jez. Forums and Facebook really do bring out the worst in people which is a real shame.

Look forward to meeting you at an event in 2018

1 - 12 of 12 Posts