Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just back from my hols. Had a very interesting trip to France, managed to meet up with Claudius and Maxi (Rally Drivers in my book !) Can't wait to show everyone my white bits and to share my experience of been driven sideways around Monte-Carlo !
Claudius and Maxi - You are both complete speed-freaks...and I love you for it !
Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did you have any trouble getting back??? presuming you flew... or did you drive? What was french reaction to NY like?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fastchick baby,

Ooh I have missed you and our sexy chats ! We flew over, and to get back was a real nightmare. Arrived at Nice airport 3 hours before departure and I was only left with about 10 mins to play with. Countless security checks, lots of gun toting policemen. I'm not a great air-traveller at the best of times and the recent events really played on my mind. The french reaction is pretty much the same as everyone else, you know, total shock, horror and dis-belief. Anyway, have we any events to look foward to ? Anything interesting going on ?
Glad to be back,
Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in Portugal when it happened, took 2 days to hear about it, then just didn't believe it was true..... even now :(
Travelling anywhere at the mo is a nightmare, our flight home was delayed by 2 hrs, apparently poor sods flying out of Gatwick were facing delays of upto 5 hrs (No thanks) totally understandable tho. I know exactly what you mean about feeling scared flying, as I sat in the plane waiting to go home, you just can't help thinking about it can you?! Very unsettling.

There's a meet on Sunday (as per my post) down in Surrey, I think u r a northerner? so thats a long hike for you !!!!! hmmmmm have a lot of trouble with northerners I do !!!
Then there's Santa Pod (Oct 14th??) dunno if I am going..... then another Surrey meet at boxhill again on the 20th Oct.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fastchick and amp; dazmakinen

Is there a track day at Donington in the near future, heard a rumble in the jungle yesterday, if so might go along to that.

fastchick

Dont forget that you have fellow girlies 'up north' hehe!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No offence to you.... I mean real northerners (Mancs/Lanks/Yorkies etc) I think you are only Midlands ???? Not that it makes any difference to me, just HAD grief from northern blokes thats all ! :)

Dunno about Donington tho.....?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brilliant holiday thanks, weather was lovely..... shame that it's crap here :(
Funny thing was we hired an estate Ford Focus for the week, and it was so gutless. Upon return from hols we got in the EVO and had instant grins again... boy did we miss it!!!! Couldn't resist just driving, so we went to a supermarket out of our way..... just so we could go in the EVO!! Played with it, and had loads of fun... You really notice how excellent it is when you have a break from it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Know what you mean, the only thing we missed while we were away (for 3 weeks) was the evo, first thing we did was go for a cruise around.

Someone please turn the tap off, had enough rain now for one year!!

Speak to you 2moro, got to go and do the school run etc now (pick jr up in style, evo style!!!)

Chow for nowxxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a trackday at Donington on Monday 5th November, car and driver is £99, extra drivers £35, passengers £5. Interested? ring Trackstar on 01761 417602.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Daz

It was nice to meet you and your wife and show you around a bit, although you already knew the most important places (bars and places to go a t night ;))! I see you got back home alright, good. Take care, looking forward to meeting you again in January, with your car this time, to see the legendary Rallye Monte Carlo. Is anybody else coming?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Claudius,

I will see who else wants to come over in January for the rally and let you know. When do your wheels arrive my freind ? You will have to post some pictures to the MLR when you have them. (Cant wait to see what they look like with your revised suspension)
Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bigevo,
How old's your sprog? boy or girl? does he/she like the car?????

My Jr is Liam, he's 2 (and a bit) absolutely loves the car (takes after his mummy) but for some really annoying reason he refers to it as Daddy's car , now, thats gotta change! hehehehe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Amber is 3. She loves cars especially evo's and ferrari's ! She recognises Tommi Makinen when he's on the the telly and refers to my car as being 'Big Evo'. (I have a remote-controlled car she calls 'Little Evo'). When she gets in her seat she says automatically now 'I wont put my feet on your seats daddy'. - Little Darling !
Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cute!
Liam shouts Ready, steady GO! and wants to be driven fast off lights!! ;) The Dartford Tunnel is the daddy tho, when windows are down, have so much fun ! Liam laughs so much ! He definately has the grin factor already.

And, he knows his Ferrari from his Porsche... not that there's any comparison there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fastchick

We have got a 4 year old boy named Aaron (after Aaron Slight WSB, the 2 of them have met each other too! Cool!)

He loves fast cars, he has got a Yamaha PW50 motorbike and a Suzuki LT50 quad bike, he looks really cool riding them, he has got all the gear, helmet, body armour etc.

He tells us that he wants to be a moto-x racer before he becomes the next Foggy!!!

He also knows an Evo when he sees one! Wickid (I think he is 4 going on 24!!!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dazmakinen

Were you at Billing and Trax? Is your evo blue?

What area of the Midlands are you in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Teri,

Yes I have the blue makinen, and I was at Billing and Stanford Hall. I live in the derby area and I work in west bromwich. Where about's are you ? I'm pretty sure I have seen you at the 2 above shows.
Daz

1 - 20 of 68 Posts