Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Thanks to everyone I met today, the convoy from South Mimms to Boxhill was great fun, (Grin overload) and it was lovely to finally meet some of you.
Andy and amp; Su (great drive Su! :)) shame about the copper! hehehe, Lee, Simon (and his mad for it motor) and all others.....

See you all again soon
Tara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hope you all had a great day, I spent all weekend decorating, which I hate ! Sooner or later I will catch up with you all at an event. Watched the rally on euro-sport - Mr Makinen and his last ride in a Evo 6. I don't think he is too impressed with the Evo 7 but we will wait and see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daz,
Why don't you come down for the next Boxhill meet - Oct 20th ? Geffers/me, Andy and amp; Su (Andy_RSX and amp; Miss_RSX) Leelegend, and Bigevo, all likely participants. There's probably going to be a South Mimms (M25) convoy....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I will. What time is kick-off ? You will have to let me know where about's it is as well (Being a thick Brumy and all !) What goes on at the meets ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dazmakinen

We are almost certain that we will be going to Boxhill Oct 20th, if you are going too, how dya fancy meeting up near Donington/East Mids airport area then head down?

Fastchick

We too want to know what goes on, its a long long journey if its not up to much!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not a lot realy, just a quality blast round the M25 (4 evo, 1 supra and 4 GTiR's on yesterdays), and a good chat.

good day yesterday, hope to see you all at the next one.

lee.

ps. i want a full report from su on a the flames out the back of my car at bluewater :D :D :D

pps. come on down daz i want to see all your tanned bits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed,

It was a top day, I'm still knackered from all that driving, did a whole lap of the m25 on rock hard suspension,

It was great making the car pop and bang through the dartford tunnel with one of my mates in a GTiR doing the same thing a few cars back !!!

Also, on the way to Boxhill I think I suprised Geffers when we had a little blast away from one of the roundabouts !!!

Hope to see you all again at Santa Pod (14th Oct) and Boxhill 20th Oct. We will be doing the same thing i.e meeting at South Mimms first.

Cheers

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Teri/Daz
Ok, what can I say to you.... Boxhill is a large car park, and on meet day it's filled with mostly high performance Jap cars.... Evo's/Scoobies/GTiR's/Skylines/ Supra's/ GTO/FTO (One's I've seen there) It's just a chance to oggle the cars, and talk to their owners, Su and I went for a drive yesterday, It's a good day IMO. Sometimes, dependant on weather.... some of the cars go on a (fast) cruise down to Brighton :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was driving near Boxhill and decided to have a look on SUnday but couldn't find anyone in any of teh car parks. WHere were you all ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What time were you there Jackal ???? we must have got there about 2ish ??!! Some of the cars were parked in an overflow until spaces freed, and we could move them into the main car park.... maybe thats why. But later there were loads of cars about (approx 5 evo's, 2 Supra's, a few GTiR's)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tara,
It was really nice to meet up with you eventually!!... I got your text message and will reply but Andys phone has been a bit dodgy.
I have to agree that the convoy around the M25 was a definite grin inducing moment. I think my jaws are still recovering from all of the smiling. :)
I also have to agree that Simons car is out of this world. We followed him back through the Dartford tunnel and I'm now deaf in both ears.....
I'm glad that you enjoyed our little cruise around (At least some girls can get behind the wheel of an Evo, eh Geffers???). Everything was going very well until that moment of shear panic when the blue lights and sirens appeared behind us. I wonder what the policeman was thinking when he pulled past us and saw us both with the same scared expressions on our faces!!! Can't wait for the next time but I've got to wipe the mess of the seats first :):):)

Lee,
I don't know what you're talking about?.... Flames out of your exhaust, I didn't see a thing.
Only joking really, it was on the first roundabout into Bluewater and there was definitely an orange flame coming from the back end. Therefore I can safely tell everyone that Lee's car does spit fire (occasionally;))

Hope to meet you all again on the 20th, this time without the police cars please!!

Su

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Su,
Glad we had so much fun!!! :)
Don't be too hard on Geffers... he let me have a small drive this evening, which was very nice of him !! I had (and still have adrenalin pumping so hard through my veins) although when I got home he looked very worried, and said the car reaked of petrol !?? That freaked me out..... just a lame excuse to not let me out again hahahahaha :)

See you again soon
T

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, what did you guys think of the film ?????

Our in car footage was good also, at one point we dominated four lanes !!!! and managed to get Simons mental car, Andy (doing lots of undercutting) lee, and all the GTiR boys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yo Fastchick...

guess it was just before 2pm...
but what car park was it.. the one at teh bottom of teh hill near the Burford Bridge Hotel where all teh bikes go or one of teh 2 car parks on top of Boxhill by the views etc..?

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jackal,
We were in the car park where all the bikes congregate. We got there about 2.15, so must have only just missed you. You certainly wouldn't have missed us, as there were about 6 EVO's, 4 GTiR's a Supra and a couple of RX7's.
What do you drive BTW? I assume its the 6 that is on your web site? R U local also? Maybe we'll meet at the next Boxhill meet in October. Normal start time is about 2pm.

Chrz
Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi.... yes, black 6 GSR totally standard until I get some money and maybe change to a TME.

I live in Teddington but my parents live near Tadworth, I grew up round there so am often driving near Dorking and the rest of Surrey on teh w/e

will scoot down on the next one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the south mimms gatherings are getting better and better, tearing round the m25 or up the m1, i would recommend it to anyone.

next one i think is scheduled for a trip up to santa pod then the following week round to box hill.

come along, all are welcome (just dont get stuck behind su and andy, they are a bit slow ;)).

Jackal: sorry we missed you, there was a black evo in the car park when we turned up (number plate: riossy (or something like that)not sure if it someone on here??).

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lee,
R100SSY belongs to Michael Ross. Not sure whether he posts here, but he does (or did) on the Yahoo Groups web site. He's local(ish) to Boxhill.

Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fastchick,
I don't remember doing too much undercutting on the M25.... It must have been because everyone was going too slowly ;)
If you get chance, would it be possible to get us a copy of the video as I'm sure it would be good fun to watch.

And Lee, since when has your car been classed as fast??? Just becasue it popped out one tiny flame doesn't mean its suddenly become quick...... It was probably just bored and wanted to get you to drive it a bit faster :)

Andy

1 - 20 of 99 Posts