Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The squealing of my F4R pads is sending me bonkers - can't drive the car without ear defenders almost. I've seen a product called Wurth mentioned by several guys as better than Copperslip. Can anyone please tell me where I can buy it in the UK - nobody stocks it here in the C.I.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:Source of

My cut down F4R's are quiet as a church mouse now. It did take 1000 miles from fitting though. How long have you had yours on? Try some successive hard braking once the initial bedding period has passed (100-200 miles) to 'cure' the pads, this does quiet them down a bit. Keep trying it every so often and eventually the noise should go completely although no guarantee.
I just used 'Neverseize' grease, much the same as copper grease but has a high aluminium content (I didn't get it specially, I just had a tin handy).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

HH6 - thanks for the advice. I live on Guernsey, with a blanket 35 mph limit, so can only get heat into brakes on mainland trips. I've done about 700 road miles and about 35 laps of Donington, to no avail. Am about to try anti squeal kit as last resort. Think maybe Wurth is only found down under?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Shorty - thanks for good lead on Winzer Wurth. Called them and they told me to call another division on 0208 319 6000. This is motor divn. They recognised the product, which they say has a high Aluminium content. It's available as 1 Kg tins, 300 ml spray and sachets (100/box) Product name is AL1100. They don't ship direct, so are going to advise me of a stocking distributor.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts