Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new speakers for my car. I'm not needing what is regarded as 'well tasty ICE', God knows there is enough nonsense spouted in the world of in-car audio and I have no need to vibrate even more of my interior trim loose. All I need is a set of 6x9s for the rear and whatever fits in the front doors on an Evo 1, total cost should be less than £100 as the law of diminishing returns cuts in even more sharply than in home audio!

Does anybody have an online retailer for this type of gear that they can recommend? Or any components to look for or to stay away from?

Head unit is a mid-range (£130) Pioneer jobbie, "4x50W" apparently!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I got some JBL P-Series 5 1/4inch speakers for the doors. They were about £50 and are a huge improvement on the old distorted ones. I have just disconnected the speakers in the dash as they are not much use really.

This sounds fine for now, going to be putting some infinity 6x9's on the rear shelf this month, to replace the old worn 6" speakers. The infinity are on e-bay for about £50 delivered. I listened to these in the local audio shop and they sounded great, but were £100 there :rolleyes:

I have a E3 BTW.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
chunky

i got a set of infinity kappa, 6.1 perfect components, these retail at around £380, i paid £200 delivered , brand new of e-bay .

i know you only want to spend around a £100 but the differance in quality is un-believable, i replaced some pheonix gold components that were £100 with the infinitys and the improvement is huge.

if you get into the high end of the car hi-fi market then the sound quality you can acheive is stunning.

having said that your probably a john denver fan so sound quality aint important ;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts