Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just fitted my Magnex 5" slash cut, with decat, to the MR. Totally love what it does for the cars drivability and performance. The problem is that it is very loud and has a "Drone- Resonance " around 2-2.5k revs. My V had a Jap HKS, my Cossie had a full Scorpion etc etc, but this is by a long way the loudest I've had! As in headache material.
So much so that " her-in-doors" was "her-in-car" and was asking me to constantly go up the gears to drop the revs on our first outing.
Bottom line is exhaust has to stay ( as does the wife !! ) so is it that the Mr has poor, if any, insulation in the back parcel shelf and behind the seats?
If so any suggestions on how to insulate and sound proof the back of the motor??
Come on all you music buffs, whats the answer to quietening the internal drone?

Thanks in anticipation,
Snowdog. :confused:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
stuart how many miles has it done??

give it time to cabon up in the inside to see if that makes any difference to the tone of it.

if your wondering about the soundproofing. look under the rear seats. there should be black bitumen based stuff stuck to the floor. its usually been painted over but you'll notice that its not metal. all you can do is add more to it. you'll get it off that site G11DOM has put up.

but as the old saying goes... if its too loud your too old :crackup: (dont tell the wife that though)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts