Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a small bollard and a six week wait finally got my car back from the bodyshop. Needed new rear quarter and i was only goihg about 2 mph when i reversed into it, crumple zones i suppose. Well happy, they even wax oiled the inner wing looks better than the factory side (that is just painted with an undercoat). Who said dealers ar pants, they did put 50 miles on it and use quarter of a tank though :( :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The body shop was 25 miles from the dealers. Wife said they probably thrashed it but you would use more than quarter of a tank, well it was just under when i dropped it off.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
u didnt need a rear qtr putting on just for that that would have pulled out nice

i know i owna bodyrepair shop how much did they charge u for that.. if u dnt mind me asking

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thetyrant said:
Is it just me or does new paint not match boot lid ? :(...... maybe just angle though

Ian
That will be the angle. Had to go out and check though. If it did that much damage at about 2mph god knows what it would look like if you were rear shunted at 30mph :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
disco dave said:
u didnt need a rear qtr putting on just for that that would have pulled out nice

i know i owna bodyrepair shop how much did they charge u for that.. if u dnt mind me asking
the photo doesn't show it but the whole rear quarter flexed out, if you ran your hand past the fuel filler you could feel it and the shut line on the rear door had closed, like i said crumple zones make modern cars soft. They quoted 850 labour, 150 paint and the new spares, i paid the 500 excess.

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
rob kidd said:
That will be the angle. Had to go out and check though.
Ahh good stuff :)... i had a nightmare getting bodyshop to match a wing on my integra after some clown drove into it a few years ago... took them 3 goes and to be honest it still wasnt 100% perfect, but if you didnt know you could hardly tell sort of thing :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
787 Posts
If you think thats bad my other half has just scratched our BMW about the size of your little finger nail on the front wing BMW have just quoted me £600 :eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ouch that's quite expensive, however atleast you get bmw customer care, mitsu think its okay to drive your car the 25 miles there and back to the body shop and leave you with the fuel light on. The more i think about it the more it annoys me, lucky they did a good job otherwise i might have launched someone across the car park. Won't be taken for a fool again though

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tyrant where abouts in cumbria you from, was in carlisle over xmas visiting family, moving back up when i leave the army next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.